Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pike fishing

Options
  • 04-10-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

so, winter is coming, what are the chances of not getting the floods of last yr? :rolleyes: be nice to get some serious fishing in this winter on lough ree and the river shannon, if the floods come can forget the river!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

if i have time this weekend, im tempted to do some deadbaiting. Time for the clear out of all my coarse gear from the tackle box, and load in the trebbles and wire :D

The suck bursts its banks with the sight of rain though. last 2 years i didnt get to do much deadbaiting until after xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

if i have time this weekend, im tempted to do some deadbaiting. Time for the clear out of all my coarse gear from the tackle box, and load in the trebbles and wire :D

The suck bursts its banks with the sight of rain though. last 2 years i didnt get to do much deadbaiting until after xmas
    :D i have the trout and the few bits o course i have stowed away for the winter, so its pike now all the way, an odd trip to cloghan for the flyfishing though :)...

the shannon is starting to go into the fields as we speak now, so wont get to do much there i reckon, hope to get up the lake though, might go down to the meadows in the morning and cast a few lures for the craic:),

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

I went out two weeks ago but it was still a bit soon and had no luck.I got a freezer packed with mackies just waiting to be used :) Cant wait to get out

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭bayliner

spent one day on ree with my daughter trolling for them, she got 3 pike to 11lb 6oz... i got nothing:D, but that was back in july(when the trout fishing was non existent)

Advertisement