Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere to study in the city centre.

Options
  • 04-10-2011 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭

So, as per the title, I need somewhere to study in the city centre. I'm doing a course with the ou and there's work ongoing during the day so the house isn't the best.
    I'm thinking the ilac library but other suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The Ilac does get very crowded though. Somewhere like Kevin Street might be quieter. The Reading Room in Pearse Street Library is a great place to study, but you need to apply for a separate card (still free though) and you can't use pens in the room.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

National Library in Kildare St was used by students in my day - don't know if you can still easily get a card.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

You just need to think of a reason you want to use the National Library, other than "it's dry, and the pubs aren't open yet". I reckon anything spoken in a vaguely middle-class accent will convince the security guy who issues the passes.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Yes the best place very quiet though the Ilac Cntre Library is very good also.In kildare st nat. lib. no bags can be taken to the Reading room but they give you an easy to use free locker with a code you make up yourself.Have a chat at the desk with one of the Security Staff.Cafeteria in the same building and a spotlessly clean Toilets Area.Cameras everywhere.

Advertisement