Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price for a filling in Dentist

Options
  • 04-10-2011 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi, I need 2 fillings, went to dentist yesterday and it cost me 80 for a filling. Would this be the average price for a filling in Dublin these days? Does anyone pay any less? i need to get one more, dreading handing over another 80.... ouch! But must admit the dentist was great, didnt feel a thing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

miss-bored wrote: »
    Hi, I need 2 fillings, went to dentist yesterday and it cost me 80 for a filling. Would this be the average price for a filling in Dublin these days? Does anyone pay any less? i need to get one more, dreading handing over another 80.... ouch! But must admit the dentist was great, didnt feel a thing.

Where are you?

My dentist on the city end of the South Circular has dropped his prices to 65e, not great but still.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

Why is it so expensive? I think it was 80e in smiles, where I used to go. I got a cleaning, xrays, a check up and a filling for £47 here in London recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭miss-bored

South side of city; Leeson St! In really like the dentist, but was hoping for something cheaper than e80

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭Tiocfaidh Armani

I live in Scotland and seen a dentist recent on a visit home and it said €70 a filling and something like €120 for an extraction. Two weeks later I need an extraction but it costs me £17. If in Ireland I'd have paid God knows how much. It costs £20 a filling here, why the hell is it so much in Ireland? We're ripped off with everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,699 ✭✭✭uli84

Birneybau wrote: »
    Where are you?

My dentist on the city end of the South Circular has dropped his prices to 65e, not great but still.

can you send me the details please? Smiles quoted me 100 :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 adriandooley

Clonmel my new dentist charged me 100e today 30/11/2017 for a back single tooth filling replacement of an old amalgam , Last one was 90e by a different practice.
    A

Clonmel my new dentist charged me 100e today 30/11/2017 for a back single tooth filling replacement of an old amalgam , Last one was 90e by a different practice.
    A

Clonmel, Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

uli84 wrote: »
    can you send me the details please? Smiles quoted me 100 :(

They're probably on about SCRDental.ie

MyDental in Ballsbridge do fillings from €60

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Fingers crossed they got it done at the time and haven't been waiting 6 years for people to get back to them with cheaper dentists :pac:

They're probably on about SCRDental.ie

MyDental in Ballsbridge do fillings from €60

Yeah, I PM'd them. 6 years ago...:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Birneybau wrote: »
    Yeah, I PM'd them. 6 years ago...:pac:

Didn't see the initial date :pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Tenigate

A

My dentist charged me €95 for a massive filling. A few days later most of the amalgam just broke off.
    I went to another dentist in newry who said an inlay/onlay would have been a better option than trying to build up a molar with a huge amalgam filling. £200 up north- i can still get it done but so much extra drilling was done to put in the amalgam filling and more drilling will be required to remove it.

Advertisement