Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice please. Re frozen food.

Options
  • 04-10-2011 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭

Will the food in my freezer be safe to eat? I was drinking with some friends last night and I packed all the veg and stuff on the top shelf and all the meat (chicken, beef, fish) on the bottom shelf keeping the middle shelf free for ice cold beers. I woke up this morning to find the freezer door had been left wide open, I just closed it and was too hungover to check was the food still frozen or not, just checked it there and it's all frozen solid, it would have been open for about 6 hours I reckon, the ice in the freezer had softened but hadn't melted, it's a 4 star freezer. I had done a massive shop a few days ago and don't want to waste a lot of money like. Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Only you can judge whether the food in your freezer is safe to eat.
    We cannot see it, smell it, etc. to make an informed judgment as to whether it is edible.
    There's now way that we can tell you with 100% certainty that it won't cause you food poisoning or whatever.
    That's up to you.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement