Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time to leave Waterford at (driving) to be in Dublin for 9am

• 04-10-2011 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has done this trip lately but I have to be in Dublin next week for 9am (Baggot Street Area, Dublin 2) and was wondering what is the best time to leave Waterford at. I know it only takes 1.5 hours on the motorway to get from Waterford to the red cow interchange but if you hit there at rush hour traffic its a disaster. I was thinking leave at 6am. Hit red cow around 7.30am. Then hopefully over to Baggot Street in about 45 minutes.

Has anyone any idea and also if anyone has a good route from red cow to baggot street, that would be appreciated. I normally go down long mile road, onto the canal and drive in that way. Is this the best way?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

Keea wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has done this trip lately but I have to be in Dublin next week for 9am (Baggot Street Area, Dublin 2) and was wondering what is the best time to leave Waterford at. I know it only takes 1.5 hours on the motorway to get from Waterford to the red cow interchange but if you hit there at rush hour traffic its a disaster. I was thinking leave at 6am. Hit red cow around 7.30am. Then hopefully over to Baggot Street in about 45 minutes.

Has anyone any idea and also if anyone has a good route from red cow to baggot street, that would be appreciated. I normally go down long mile road, onto the canal and drive in that way. Is this the best way?

Thanks

Everything that you have said above is right and will have you at Baggot St well before 9. Beware though that there is no turn right at Baggot Bridge after you pass the Mespil (if its that end of Baggot St you need to get to).

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Keea

Thanks tonc76. Appreciate your reply and thanks for the advice re: baggot street bridge.

Advertisement