Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat morning, opening for rubgy

Options
  • 04-10-2011 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Anyone know any good pubs/hotel open for the rubgy this Saturday

Am i right in saying nowhere will have the bar open at that time

Paul

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Jehuty42

It's a bit sad to want to go drinking at 6am.

I don't know of anywhere being open, why not pick up some drink the night before than invite some friends around at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,323 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Jehuty42 wrote: »

I don't know of anywhere being open, why not pick up some drink the night before than invite some friends around at home?

He didn't ask for moral advice.

Think Kiely's in Donnybrook might be open, just breakfast and that served.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Liffeyman wrote: »
    Anyone know any good pubs/hotel open for the rubgy this Saturday

Am i right in saying nowhere will have the bar open at that time

Paul

Portmarnock Sports & Leisure Center are open and serving a breakfast in the bar.

No gargle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Birneybau wrote: »
    He didn't ask for moral advice.

Indeed he didn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

rosies o gradys in harolds cross will be open.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 farrellycs

@admiralofthefleet: Cheers, do you know if they will be serving alcohol?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

No pubs are going to be able to open for the start of the match and serve alcohol at 6am.

Only designated early houses (which are few and far between) can serve alcohol early in the morning and they cannot do so until 7am.

Slatterys on Capel Street will be open from 05:30 for the match but I assume won't be serving drink until 07:00.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Drink aside anyone know of anywhere in west Dublin open that's opening and does a nice breakfast. I heard Clondalkin rugby club had something on but may be member's only

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I may pop over to the local (bakers) and have breakfast depending on if I'm in Dublin or not, though I may just drop up to a friends

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Jehuty42 wrote: »

I've been to a few bars for the early morning games. There was no drink served until later, but we didn't go for the beer, we went for the atmosphere. Right craic was had.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭Eroticfishcake

Portmarnock Sports & Leisure Center are open and serving a breakfast in the bar.

No gargle.

Yeh it's open for the rugby and breaky and coffee for €8.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

The Wind Jammer, Neds, Padraig Pearse are early houses. If its legally 7, surely they be serving booze at 6.30 anyways considering the occasion. Tbh the cops should have common sense and turn a blind eye for a WC QF.

Who the hell would want to get out of bed at 5 and go to some place not even selling alcohol???

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Warper wrote: »
    The Wind Jammer, Neds, Padraig Pearse are early houses. If its legally 7, surely they be serving booze at 6.30 anyways considering the occasion. Tbh the cops should have common sense and turn a blind eye for a WC QF.

Who the hell would want to get out of bed at 5 and go to some place not even selling alcohol???

Kates Cottage opposite Connolly is an early house too afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

I've been to a few bars for the early morning games. There was no drink served until later, but we didn't go for the beer, we went for the atmosphere. Right craic was had.

Which ones?

Which early houses are the least dodge?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Sooopie

And also - I'd say a few residential bars in hotels will be chocka at 6AM on Sat too.... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭trellheim

Boars head on Capel St as well.

farrellycs wrote: »
    @admiralofthefleet: Cheers, do you know if they will be serving alcohol?

its illegal to serve alcahol before half ten on a sat so no

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

What was the law in 2002? I remember watching Ireland games at 7:30am and everybody boozing away in my local pub.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

The Wind Jammer, Neds, Padraig Pearse are early houses. If its legally 7, surely they be serving booze at 6.30 anyways considering the occasion. Tbh the cops should have common sense and turn a blind eye for a WC QF
    Publicans with early licences guard them with their lives and are unlikely to risk losing them for the sake of a 'one off'.
    Warper wrote:
    Many people will be finishing work at that time. Have you never gone to the pub after work?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Oddjob

I know at least two pubs that will be open, serving breakfast and pints. They only want regulars, or normal people, they have no desire for drunks on the way home or people who've been on the piss all night.

Edit to add: They're not early houses, just normal pubs with sensible customers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 914 ✭✭✭tommyboy2222

Drink aside anyone know of anywhere in west Dublin open that's opening and does a nice breakfast. I heard Clondalkin rugby club had something on but may be member's only

Courtneys in Lucan village. Not sure if they be serving grog !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Oddjob wrote: »
    I know at least two pubs that will be open, serving breakfast and pints. They only want regulars, or normal people, they have no desire for drunks on the way home or people who've been on the piss all night.

Edit to add: They're not early houses, just normal pubs with sensible customers.
    What's normal and sensible about flouting the licensing laws?

Genealogy Forum Mod

was anyone here in rosies this morning

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 405 ✭✭Econoline Van

Hermy wrote: »
    What's normal and sensible about flouting the licensing laws?

What's normal and sensible about the licensing laws, would be a better question.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

What's normal and sensible about the licensing laws...
    No idea. But I'm merely commenting on the normal practice of obeying the law.

Actually, scratch that - an even better question for Oddjob would be what is meant by normal people!

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement