Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 3g cant receive or make calls

• 04-10-2011 3:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭

Girlfriend has a iphone 3g and over the last 2-3 wks she keeps losing all incoming and outgoing calls but she can text and use the net without any problems. When it happened first she rang vodafone and they sorted it but then no less than a day later the same thing happened so she rang again and they told her it could be the case that she needs a new chip. A week later and she got a new chip because it keeps happening and then no later than a couple of hours and all calls gone again but can still send and receive texts, go on net etc. So anyone have any info or suggestions what it could be??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Subber08

I am having the same problem, bought it 2nd hand off adverts.ie. It's with Vodafone. Not reported lost or stolen. Will not make or receive calls 99% of the time. I called up Vodafone a few times about it, they did something over the phone and would then work again for one or two calls and stop again. I was told to bring it into a Vodafone shop for a sim and phone check if this continued to happen. So brought it into a shop and I was given a replacement sim, which worked when I made calls in shop so left feeling happy only for the same thing to start again. So brought it into another Vodafone shop, told them the story, they reactivated my old sim for my old nokia phone and said they were sending it off to be fixed/updated. Got a call a few days later from that store to say my phone was being sent back to them as it was out of warranty (I told them in the shop I bought it 2nd hand, was never asked about warranty). When I asked what could be done I was told that they don't fix iPhone 4 anymore???? I could pay 205 for a replacement??!!!! I do not want to pay 205 for a replacement for a 2nd handphone that only cost me slightly more than that price.

What are my options? Or how did other people sort this problem as I've seen from the Vodafone forum and boards.ie that other people have had the same problem woth iPhones and Vodafone?

Has anyone tried to get phone unlocked and move to another network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

I'm probably gonna get pulled in this but what the **** is the point in reviving multiple threads that haven't being poste in for months. One is bad enough but 5 or 6

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Subber08

Realise it's annoying, just trying to get an answer, only checked date on this one there now so will check see how to delete this one

Advertisement