Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server grade SSD

Options
  • 04-10-2011 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

I have been looking for a server grade SSD along the lines of the Intel x25e or one of the Samsung green units. I am having trouble sourcing them.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Tomtata

http://www.memoryc.com/storage/solidstatedisk.html#Brands=Intel&page=0

These guys should be able to source for you. Excellent company to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

The newer cheaper intel 320 series, have proved reliable, and intel has recommended them for server use. You would need to get 4 and setup RAID 10 for the best performance and failover. The 320 series is generally available in any online shop. If you need 160 gig get 4 80 gig drives (they are reasonably cheap at around €100 + VAT each), and setup RAID 10..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭godskitchen

aidankkk wrote: »
    The newer cheaper intel 320 series, have proved reliable, and intel has recommended them for server use. You would need to get 4 and setup RAID 10 for the best performance and failover. The 320 series is generally available in any online shop. If you need 160 gig get 4 80 gig drives (they are reasonably cheap at around €100 + VAT each), and setup RAID 10..

Yes I was looking at RAID 10 but was unsure of how good the new Intel units were for a server environment. Thanks for the input and advice.

The only problem I can see with the 320s is that they are MLC, or have we moved on from fearing that now?

Advertisement