Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking my pc for sale, but have no original boxing.

Options
  • 04-10-2011 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

hey all,
    I purchased a PC from HV in the summer and have no need for it now and need to break it down to sell it on donedeal or adverts, the only thing is I've no original boxing for some of the items? and I van sell it as a whole unit.
    will I find these difficult to sell
    i5 2500k Intel
    flex radeon 1gb gpu etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭deejer

hey all,
    I purchased a PC from HV in the summer and have no need for it now and need to break it down to sell it on donedeal or adverts, the only thing is I've no original boxing for some of the items? and I van sell it as a whole unit.
    will I find these difficult to sell
    i5 2500k Intel
    flex radeon 1gb gpu etc

From what I generally see on adverts systems like yours dont shift so quickly. I guess yours cost around 800euro to build. Id say your best bet would be to put your system up and price the parts for splitting. I think you will get a better price this way.

I think the general "rule" on adverts nowadays is the higher the asking price the lower the offer :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

it would be nice to have a dedicated thread for the regular people here selling their stuff to simply list their components for sale and a link to their add on adverts.ie or something.

I really dislike adverts even though I've got a few bargains on it because its bloated with crap and merchants. and you really don't know who you're buying off so won't know if they took care of the stuff in the first place.

if you were to just list components or whatever it'd narrow down our search nicely.

Solitaire/Cherry, care to trial something like that?

OP, PM me your components and prices if you like and ill have a gander.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

Thats a good idea, adverts can be very annoying.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'll put my "Work" hat on briefly and say that Adverts has spent the last 12 months trying to make sure that people are more traceable and accountable for what they're selling by verifying phone numbers and stuff like that. So if something's not right, you'll have some comeback. They're also really looking at pushing the Computer/Tech side of the site.

I've been giving a lot of thought about Boards Forums having their own For Sale stuff tied into Adverts - let me talk to them tomorrow and see if we can have our own section with people we know and trust.

Shiminay wrote: »
    I'll put my "Work" hat on briefly and say that Adverts has spent the last 12 months trying to make sure that people are more traceable and accountable for what they're selling by verifying phone numbers and stuff like that. So if something's not right, you'll have some comeback. They're also really looking at pushing the Computer/Tech side of the site.

I've been giving a lot of thought about Boards Forums having their own For Sale stuff tied into Adverts - let me talk to them tomorrow and see if we can have our own section with people we know and trust.
    I understand that adverts is far more suited to trading because there is some structure and accountability which is why i thought the thread would be best kept at just listing components and all trading stayed in adverts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭Avose

@ OP, Im actually just about to order an i5 2500k, but we may be able to stike up a deal :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ah, so a simple list of stuff for sale thread with no commentary or discussion and all transactions/questions etc over on Adverts?

Also: I just splashed on a new 2500k yesterday - DAMNIT! :)

Ah well dont be dissapointed Shiminay, theyre awesome chips them 2500k are, so at least you have super speedy games and applications :D

Shiminay wrote: »
    Ah, so a simple list of stuff for sale thread with no commentary or discussion and all transactions/questions etc over on Adverts?

Also: I just splashed on a new 2500k yesterday - DAMNIT! :)
    while id prefer some discussion and stuff i can imagine it'd get out of hand so probably best to just be a simple list and link.

something like:

For sale due to upgrade and looking for a good home who'll OC her to the limit:
    i5-2500K €125
    palit 9500GT €40
    Asus P8p67 pro-v €60

adverts.ie/593419

#not sure if prices would be good or not but i know id prefer it to save myself time#

woops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

I'd think, with that sort of thread, discussion should be allowed, or you loose a lot of what makes the thread valuable; the fact that you're only dealing with trusted and knowledgeable people. Any formal offers would still be posted on Adverts though.

It would basically be a "second" thread that runs along-side the Adverts one, but with more of a focus on the tech than simply the buying/selling aspects.

/My thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

Works well in the cycling forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Are you selling the bits OP? Just to state my interest....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    while id prefer some discussion and stuff i can imagine it'd get out of hand so probably best to just be a simple list and link.

something like:

For sale due to upgrade and looking for a good home who'll OC her to the limit:
    i5-2500K €125
    palit 9500GT €40
    Asus P8p67 pro-v €60

adverts.ie/593419

#not sure if prices would be good or not but i know id prefer it to save myself time#

+1

any update for us mods?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I've heard nothing of yet, but this was discussed before and it came to a dead end. I don't see much harm though as the Cycling and Airsoft (not adverts.ie for Airsoft though) forum do something similar and it works very well in the given communities.

tell you what, ill take anyone who opposes the thread on in a game of COD4 MW1 or 2, or BBC2 or hell even age of empires if they wanna make it really fun a la scrolls style.

your choice :p

*cough*

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Word Of God a good while back was that any request for Buy & Sell threads/subfora or any other alternative to Adverts.ie would be nuked from orbit. No leeway, no discussion.

We've been down this road before, and nothing has changed since then. No idea why Cycling has one but Shooting and Airsoft are totally incompatible with Adverts for a ton of sound legal reasons. No other category can hide behind that excuse and the slightest idea of getting their own B&S thread will not even be entertained for a nanosecond by the Powers That Be. If you're feeling suicidal you can take it up with an Admin but I will not be responsible for any repercussions your user account suffers.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement