Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHARP BLACK INSULATING TAPE 25 x 20

Options
  • 04-10-2011 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi there, im looking for

i wonder if anyone knows where i can buy this insulating tape and in this EXACT size? I was told it can only be bought wholesale to ESB but was just wondering if anyone knows different or if anyone works in the ESB and could PM me if they could source some for me.. I am living near Phibsboro..

I hope i have posted this in the correct area as im not used to this site if anyone thinks i would get a better response in another area please let me know..

Thanks everyone : )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Electrical

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

I have to ask,,,,,:pac:

Why exactly that tape in that size?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

im curious too :D
    when you say sharp, do you mean the brand because sharp who are based in dublin somewhere distribute to a lot of the wholesalers and im 99% sure we have this tape so the other wholesalers like phibsboro elec should have it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,437 ✭✭✭✭Victor

NonSickle wrote: »
    Do you mean a piece about the size of a postage stamp?

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sparcocars

Hi there, im looking for

i wonder if anyone knows where i can buy this insulating tape and in this EXACT size? I was told it can only be bought wholesale to ESB but was just wondering if anyone knows different or if anyone works in the ESB and could PM me if they could source some for me.. I am living near Phibsboro..

I hope i have posted this in the correct area as im not used to this site if anyone thinks i would get a better response in another area please let me know..

Thanks everyone : )

I've seen that tape in michael garry electrical in finglas and even in mc quillans tools at blanch shopping centre so you should be able to get it most electrical wholesalers.

• Advertisement

Victor wrote: »
    Do you mean a piece about the size of a postage stamp?

Thats the size of the roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭NonSickle

Davy wrote: »
    I have to ask,,,,,:pac:

Why exactly that tape in that size?

I can buy 19mm x 20m rolls but i want the 25mm x 20m rolls

which i have been told i can only buy wholesale and i put up this post to see

can anyone tell me different sand help me source it.

sparcocars wrote: »
    I've seen that tape in michael garry electrical in finglas and even in mc quillans tools at blanch shopping centre so you should be able to get it most electrical wholesalers.

Is it in the size im looking for? 25mm x 20m. Apparently only the ESB can get this size wholesale so are you sure that size tape is in the shops you mentioned?

I can buy 19mm x 20m rolls but i want the 25mm x 20m rolls

which i have been told i can only buy wholesale and i put up this post to see

can anyone tell me different sand help me source it.

If it was for an art works or something like that im sure if you went the to esb they might help you out. (Cant think of any other uses apart from the main one :P)

Depending how many rolls you need of course?

Whats the min amount they will do wholesale?

If it was for an art works or something like that im sure if you went the to esb they might help you out. (Cant think of any other uses apart from the main one :P)

I can source it here
    http://sharp.ie/sharp_contact_us.asp
    but they will not sell it to me off the street. I want a packet of 10 or whatever is in the packet

• Advertisement

Want that size cause its wider and its a very good quality brand and just want it for different bits and pieces that you would use a regular insulating tape for..

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭indie armada

personally i think thorsman tape is better, especially in cold weather. we keep sharp tape but all out of black. most wholesalers will sell it per roll for about .70 cent

personally i think thorsman tape is better, especially in cold weather. we keep sharp tape but all out of black. most wholesalers will sell it per roll for about .70 cent

In the exact size that i want? That is only what im looking for. Will the wholesaler sell to me? Can you tell me where stocks it then!!

its also is fire retardent which is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paddyM2

i am also looking for sharp insulating tape 25mm x 20mm colour grey. This tape seems to only be sold to people who work for the ESB. just wondering can anyone working in the ESB help me out. i really need to get some of this tape. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

reg farrel enginnering supply the esb with most of insulation tape
    they are the agent for 3M products the esb use the 88 range or its 99 i think but if you give them a ring they will tell what one it is(very helpfull lads working as reps helped me a few times)

http://www.rfe.ie/Products/installationequip/3m/electapes.htm

Thanks very much for that. Its actually the grey insulating tape 25mm x 20m . the brand is SHARP. it needs to be the be the exact same one. Anyone have any idea how i can get them please let me know!

What's so special about this tape :confused:

I got a job lot of tape 25mm x 20m SHARP, in different colours and i already started using the grey and im missing about 5 rolls. If anybody knows anyone someone they can ask, id really appreciate the help. Thanks.

Mod Edit: Some key words removed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

What's so special about this tape :confused:

It's great stuff. Top class on hurls too.

Some posts were edited here, they could be read the wrong way, sorry.

Advertisement