Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small Claims Court Case...Help!!

Options
  • 04-10-2011 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I bought an 03 Renault Laguna in late June. I admit the car was cheap because there was a bit of work to be done on it, but nothing major, it needed a regulator on the front passenger window, new back wiper,a service, a couple of disconnected sensors and few other small things or so i thought. My only concern was that the engine was in good order. There was 56,000miles on the clock so the dealer said the timing belt was good for 20,000 miles, he repeated this over and over. I had a friend take a look at the at the sensors and he said they just needed reconnecting. I am a mum of 4 and this was the first time I had bought a car on my own, I know nothing about cars, I brought a couple of friends with me for support on the day. Anyway after 5 weeks and less than 600 miles the timing belt snapped. Turns out the belt should have been changed 3 years earlier as Renault recommend 72,000 miles or 5 years. Engine is a write off. I now have a claim against the dealer coming up in court, what should I expect??

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Consult a solicitor, all legal advice is banned sitewide.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement