Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

17hmr scope

Options
  • 04-10-2011 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭

Hi
    I have just recently purchased a 17hmr with a 3-9x50 hawke scope the dealer said he wouldnt mind keeping the scope obviously dropping his price accordingly .
    My question is should i keep this scope or buy something with a bit more magnification?
    Budget max 350 preferrably 300 euros regards john

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If you'd rather not say no problem, but what price was the rifle with the scope, and whats he selling without the scope. The reason i ask is the scope would be fine on the .17, but new they not an expensive scope to start with (sub €220 mark). Second hand even less.

What kinda mag are you looking for. You could always go for a Bushnell, Swift, Higher powered Hawke all for €350 or less.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

very rare that i went above 9 maybe 10x magnification when shooting my hmr. Even long range rabbits usually used 8x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

3x9x50 is plenty for shooting rabbit'sa and foxes, I normally use 8 to 10 power when shooting rabbits, but I go to 24 when punching paper and can see every little hole no problem at 100yrd's.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭johnfaul

thanks guys i think ill stick with it and see how i get on when the license comes through:)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Malaga2

BSA Sweet 17 ...on a Ruger 77/17..taken four coyotes...a fair few crows and some woodchuck with this set up...scope is calibrated for the drop of the 17...

SaturdayAfternoon005.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement