Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Official Xbox Clan: The IRL Clan (Mod Warning Post 158)

Options
  • 04-10-2011 5:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭

Due to the long standing popularity of the original Battlefield Bad Company 2 IRL Clan thread it was brought to my attention today that it's probably time for this forum to have a new Battlefield 3 IRL Clan Thread.

Due to the fact that the IRL Clan has been officially recognised by Microsoft and was born here on the Boards.ie Xbox Forum, I believe this thread has the right to exist on this forum in it's own right, seperate from the general gaming forum.

The purpose of this thread will be for discussing all things clan related with regards to Battlefield 3, just like the original thread did with Bad Company 2.

Anyone interested in getting involved with the community, post on here, introduce yourself and a clan member will talk you through the membership process.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Here is a copy of our Clan Mission Statement

Mission statement:

We, here at the IRL Clan, offer a community of like minded gamers that appreciate honest, friendly gaming above all else.

Clan Rules:

* You must pledge allegiance to Royal 1rish as the monarch of the clan. He is our glorious leader :)

* We respect ALL players, members and non-members alike (yes, even Shoveltooth).

* We do not hack, cheat or boost.

* To qualify for membership, you must have played with at least three members and receive their approval for membership.

* When possible, all members must use the clan tag IRL for identification purposes.

* A fair system will be adopted when entering clan matches, so everyone receives the opportunity to compete.

* There is no activity requirement to be a member. If you are going to take a break for a while please post and let us know.

* We do not instigate or insult other clans.

* You must have a mic available for use, we're a sociable bunch of people and hate being ignored

Clan History and Background:

Our clan started on the 11th March, 2010, when our glorious leader, Royal 1rish, started a thread on boards.ie looking to start a clan. The initial post was as follows:

"Battlefield BC2 Irish Clan"

"Your country needs YOU"

"Anyone want to join an Irish clan on Battlefield BC2 Xbox360 with the clan tag (IRL)."

"These online war games are a lot more fun when your doing proper team work and communicating on where the tango's are hiding."

Almost immediately, the clan swelled with Irish gamers from the boards forum. Although in the beginning it was only meant to be a Battlefield Bad Company 2 clan, it has evolved and branched out into other FPS games and other genres. It's also important to point out that we do not restrict membership to only Irish players, however, it's important to remember that one of the benefits of the clan is that we all live relatively close to each other on a global scale, which helps the online experience for everyone.

Over the first few months, with new members coming and going, it became obvious to the core members that the clan was quite unique. Members consisted of all ages but had similar attitudes towards gaming. This provided the community with a perfect place to build from with a solid membership of friendly, mature minded gamers who appreciated the fun factor of playing with people that you know.

The Clan has always had a fairly open door policy for new members. We believe that it's the quality of the gamer, not his gaming ability that makes for good members. It's the banter and craic that's most important to us, however, don't be mislead into thinking we aren't accomplished players. As a clan, when duty calls, we rally together and "God help" all those who stand in our way.

Due to the growth of our community on the Boards website, we finally decided to launch our own dedicated website and forum. We look forward to the further success of the community, victory in competitive play and continuing enjoyment for everyone involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Nobody has ever pledged allegiance to me before. How come am only hearing about this now?

Cheers Moose and Failsafe for getting the BF3 thread for IRL members and possible new members started.

You's both make it sound so serious, when really all thats needed is a working Mic for your xbox and be able to have abit of craic.

Hopefully we will be able to have plenty of nights gaming on BF3 with two full teams of Irish players like the good old days on Bad Company 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

gt is jambodavo,add a few of us on the list at the end of moose's post and some of the regulars will enjoy welcoming you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Moose it would be a good idea to keep a list of players who play bf3 so new peoples can add them. Since you with all your mighty power now you'll be able to keep it updated:p
    The usual rule of they add us can still apply.
    They make a post with their GT letting us know and they add us.
    What ye think?

Presume we'll all be playing hardcore still too?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

garv123 wrote: »
    Moose it would be a good idea to keep a list of players who play bf3 so new peoples can add them. Since you with all your mighty power now you'll be able to keep it updated:p
    The usual rule of they add us can still apply.
    They make a post with their GT letting us know and they add us.
    What ye think?

Presume we'll all be playing hardcore still too?

Sounds good. I'll edit my initial post to add the most active members at the end of it... tomorrow... I've a beta to play tonight :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

Good stuff Moose and Failsafe, I should be on myself tonight for a few games, haven't been on in a few days, starting to get withdrawel symtoms :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭canister94

Add me fairly decent player have a mic on most nights.Would like to play a bit of beta with some people rather than on my own.
    gt eptic topspinz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Should be on myself for a few games later.
    Hope we can have 2 full Irish squads in the full game, will be great craic 2 parties playing eachother

canister94 wrote: »
    Add me fairly decent player have a mic on most nights.Would like to play a bit of beta with some people rather than on my own.
    gt eptic topspinz

the rule is You add us :P
    Add TheMooseInNam he said he'll be on tonight. send a message saying from boards and try get into a game with him which is impossible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

canister94 wrote: »
    gt eptic topspinz
    Add some lads from here http://www.irlclan.net/members/
    Then join in on a few games

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭canister94

perfect i might go on now

I'm on the beta now and will be for another hour or so.

Trying to join in with Failsafe, Royal, Izambard and Jambo but it's taking ages :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

i joined in a game yesterday,and lo and behold...i was on your team!!!
    you didnt say a word,played 2 games with you,and won both.we all played as a team..no cod bs...and then you and someone else off fecked off.lost the next 3 games cos of cod playing types:mad:.

note, it may have been that some people had problems with live.
    i myself,did'nt see any problems with it.
    yesterday or today.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

deco nate wrote: »
    you didnt say a word,played 2 games with you,and won both.we all played as a team..no cod bs...and then you and someone else off fecked off.lost the next 3 games cos of cod playing types:mad:.

We run in private parties dude, We never use in game chat unless there's a problem with party.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

We run in private parties dude, We never use in game chat unless there's a problem with party.
    ahh,right i see.
    cheers for the info.
    but..in bf3 you can only hear your team?ie the 4 of ye.bloody
    rude fookers!:pac::p:o
    note: its just what i read online.
    super8 dude does not clam this as the be all,nor end all
    nor do i wish to be sued:pac:
    phew....got away with that one:)

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

ahh,right i see.
    cheers for the info.

Set up a private party and you can hear who's ever in it not just your squad!

You were on my squad? What's your GT?

Raze is spot on, I'm nearly always in a party when playing BC2/BF3 with other clan members. We might not always be in the same squad but we'll still work together when on the same team.

The problems start when we oppose each other... it generally turns into a bloody brawl of knife wielding and cunning tactics :D

Anyway, I hope I represented the community well. Next time you're on, jump into the party chat and introduce yourself.

That reminds me, I really need to clean out my friends list. Anyone knoiw if we're getting a larger friends list in the upcoming update? 100 just doesn't cut the mustard anymore :(

ahh,right i see.
    cheers for the info.
    nope, we run a party of 8. Instead of one squad you get 2 playing together, with 8 players on the same wave length you'll win the vast majority of the time.
    You were on my squad? What's your GT?

Raze is spot on, I'm nearly always in a party when playing BC2/BF3 with other clan members. We might not always be in the same squad but we'll still work together when on the same team.

The problems start when we oppose each other... it generally turns into a bloody brawl of knife wielding and cunning tactics :D

Anyway, I hope I represented the community well. Next time you're on, jump into the party chat and introduce yourself.

That reminds me, I really need to clean out my friends list. Anyone knoiw if we're getting a larger friends list in the upcoming update? 100 just doesn't cut the mustard anymore :(
    I delete anyone I've not played with in 3 months. Think i deleted 22 ppl recently, M1ju might even be gone!

As raze said and dont hesitate to join the party and introduce yourself. And if you havent played battlefield before its only squad chat, so you can only talk to 3 people unless you are in a party.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭DermotOH

Was playing with some of the IRL lads today.. some good craic
    Derm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

MR BASHER reporting for duty :D

MR BASHER reporting for duty :D

Look at that! A new war starts and the old warriors come crawling out of the woodwork :D

Don't forget to limber up first, Dark, wouldn't want you pulling a muscle or breaking a hip! ;)

Look at that! A new war starts and the old warriors come crawling out of the woodwork :D

Don't forget to limber up first, Dark, wouldn't want you pulling a muscle or breaking a hip! ;)
    Irony. This man sees it and chooses to ignore it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

They can help each other limber up...:D

Looking forward to seeing this thread on the front page of the Xbox forum a few years down the line :) ...

5 More glorious days of Beta, then a horrible 18 day wait....

EDIT: Mosse the link to the BC2 thread in the OP is broken.. Pfft, some mod you are. ;) (you forgot the ":")

I was expecting a retort more along the lines of pot/kettle, so the irony hasn't escaped me, don't worry :P

Five days of the beta left :(

Twenty three till release :D

That's an eighteen day vacuum of staring at the dashboard, controller in hand with nothing to do :confused:

Korvanica wrote: »
    EDIT: Mosse the link to the BC2 thread in the OP is broken.. Pfft, some mod you are. ;) (you forgot the ":")

Fixed it, I had doubled up the http part, thanks for that. I'll be sure to point out your infallibility the next time you make an innocent mistake ;)

PS. Who's Mosse? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Fixed it, I had doubled up the http part, thanks for that. I'll be sure to point out your infallibility the next time you make an innocent mistake ;)

PS. Who's Mosse? :p

touché :D

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭cycocycle

Who's Mosse? :p

Thats one of the less offensive names we call you when youre not around. I.E. when youre off slagging console gamers with your new PC Gaming friends.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I delete anyone I've not played with in 3 months. Think i deleted 22 ppl recently, M1ju might even be gone!
    Miju is long gone :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Bit off topic but any of the irl clan play gow3 or is it just battlefield?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement