Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Official Xbox Clan: The IRL Clan (Mod Warning Post 158)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

dunworth1 wrote: »
    justryan wrote: »
    My GT is AbsorbentCastle :D

some very good games tonight.

Great craic when you get a few together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

We were on a 10 match win streak when we narrowly lost out on the Oman map.
    Got the pool achievement though on it so not all bad

That game was down to the wire we had two men left, you had one so close and one of the most intense matches I have played in Battlefield.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

justryan wrote: »
    That game was down to the wire we had two men left, you had one so close and one of the most intense matches I have played in Battlefield.

and youll se a lot more when its irl v irl

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

starting to piss me off now. for some reason i cant join the server you are all on, it keeps connecting going to the load screen and then drops.

all the other games are fine though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Wanted to play yesterday but every game I joined i ended up getting kicked after a few minutes... !!! GAH !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Great games last night.. Really startingto level up faster now..

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

miju wrote: »
    starting to piss me off now. for some reason i cant join the server you are all on, it keeps connecting going to the load screen and then drops.

all the other games are fine though
    You're not worthy enough yet after all those failed promises before saying you'd be online :p

LOL don't blame me blame ****ing eircom :)

I'm not sure how I was killed by the fire in damavand peak from inside a tank :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

Would love to get a few games with some of you guys. Ill add you, my GT is emptytime. Though I am a noob at BF3, I am a fast learner......:-)

• Advertisement

Still having trouble joining servers the clan is playing on.

I've no probs when it's two or three but if it's more than that on the hardcore server is just starts the joining process before kicking me.

Hella annoying :(

Thanks to those who added my GT. Had a quick game with some of the guys on here. Short but enjoyable, great to hear a squad actually communicating. Most of the time everyone runs around in silence. Pretty frustrating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Its good when you get party chat going.
    Everyone is on during the evening at some stage and theres some epic games on the new Karkand maps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Its good when you get party chat going.
    Everyone is on during the evening at some stage and theres some epic games on the new Karkand maps

Have to agree Gary karkand maps have maðe the game so far for me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Saved the game tbh. Launch maps are terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

got the game recently so looking for a game with you guys. Have to say it's not as good as I was hoping for. Only metro is enjoyable for me. Is Karkand actually worth the money?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

yes. maps are much better designed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Slugs wrote: »
    got the game recently so looking for a game with you guys. Have to say it's not as good as I was hoping for. Only metro is enjoyable for me. Is Karkand actually worth the money?

if you liked bbc2 then you will love the new maps apart from deadasleep island

Slugs wrote: »
    Karkland would be completely at odds with metro in terms of map design.
    Much more open-spaced and less ****ty chokepoints except for those tv station staircases

First BF game and find it to be fantastic. I like the launch maps, so far there is nothing that I really dislike. Really like the border map tbh.

• Advertisement

Moojuice wrote: »
    First BF game and find it to be fantastic. I like the launch maps, so far there is nothing that I really dislike. Really like the border map tbh.
    Thanks for the tags last night
    My weapon with the most kills now is the knife :)

Thanks for the tags last night
    My weapon with the most kills now is the knife :)

Don't mention it. Steep learning curve but I am finally getting the hang of it. Now moved beyond n00b status, beyond 'running-around-like-a-headless-chicken-wondering-where-the-hell-that-killing-shot-came-from' to someone who does ok most of the time.

Its great to play with some good players who actually communicate, you learn a lot. Though I still havent managed to not crash a plane shortly after take off. I dont seem to have flares, are these not standard or do I have to earn their use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Moojuice wrote: »
    I dont seem to have flares, are these not standard or do I have to earn their use?

You have to earn them by not crashing and getting some kills with the plane. (Same with the chopper as well)

Flip. As soons as I take off, the other team is all over me with heat seekers. Guess Ill keep trying. Best off as support gunner in the choppers anyway. Get some great kills, suits me better anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Delboy007

I have just got this game for Xmas never played any of them before, played COD games, but I like this a bit better only have played like 3hrs of this and if it not as mad as COD but harder to see what are the best set up for you guns etc also hard to see what u have to do on how to unlock different thing for your gun.

If anyone could give some tips that would be great, and to fly a jet or anything in the air is so hard.

I would not mind joining up with people to play with and maybe get some tips as all my friends are still playing COD and I can not seem to get them to move, how would I go about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Delboy007 wrote: »
    I have just got this game for Xmas never played any of them before, played COD games, but I like this a bit better only have played like 3hrs of this and if it not as mad as COD but harder to see what are the best set up for you guns etc also hard to see what u have to do on how to unlock different thing for your gun.

If anyone could give some tips that would be great, and to fly a jet or anything in the air is so hard.

I would not mind joining up with people to play with and maybe get some tips as all my friends are still playing COD and I can not seem to get them to move, how would I go about this?

go to our website in my sig click join now you will then be emailed instructions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

dunworth1 wrote: »
    go to our website in my sig click join now you will then be emailed instructions

Make sure to read the email quickly as it will self destruct... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Flying Jets in the game is hard starting off and still is when you rank up, in the jets its really pot Luck you really need a good wing Man in the Air with you as its hard enough to get a lock onto the jets on the other team..

Try to fly as low to the ground as you can alot of guys think the highest you are the better its hard to see whats under you then whats above of you in the cockpit.

I would say once your as low to the ground, i think flying up under the person and start shoting is your best chance.. once behind them hold LB which slows the plane down so you dont over shoot their jet allowing them to get behind you.

to unlock different items for you guns is that you need to get a kill Streak on them the longer and higher kill rate with a gun you start to unlock items for it.

You kill people with the gun and you unlock different accessories for it.
    Jets are all about practice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

New clan sig, guys. It conforms with Boards signature rules too.

Unique ID 0cCz27Wg on bf3stats.com

Enjoy!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement