Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Official Xbox Clan: The IRL Clan (Mod Warning Post 158)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ManadInTheHead

Some antics being done last night with team switching and the like?
    not goin to name names? :p:p:P:P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

last night??i though it was the night before cos u dident have the irl clan tag on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Some antics being done last night with team switching and the like?
    not goin to name names? :p:p:P:P

Just for the record, we finally all got on the same team but the server's auto-balancing split us all up again for the next game, which sucked! Then mid-game Failsafe was switched, by the server, I think. So, I decided to exit the game and remove the auto-balancing feature in an attempt to allow the community the stay together on one side.

Oh, ManadInTheHead... don't ever pilot a Little Bird while I'm in the back again... or at least tell me when you've lost it so I can jump out! What I thought was ground skimming, anti-lock measures just turned out to be complete lack of control :D

I got tat sorted,thanks to all for the help :)
    just while playin last night there some crack to be had with switchin teams and the like..
    all in all it was fair funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I got tat sorted,thanks to all for the help :)
    just while playin last night there some crack to be had with switchin teams and the like..
    all in all it was fair funny.
    Failsafe went admin power crazy and switched us over to the losing side near the end of the match.

• Advertisement

Just for the record, we finally all got on the same team but the server's auto-balancing split us all up again for the next game, which sucked! Then mid-game Failsafe was switched, by the server, I think. So, I decided to exit the game and remove the auto-balancing feature in an attempt to allow the community the stay together on one side.

Oh, ManadInTheHead... don't ever pilot a Little Bird while I'm in the back again... or at least tell me when you've lost it so I can jump out! What I thought was ground skimming, anti-lock measures just turned out to be complete lack of control :D
    You got to admit it got a few laughs?? :D

Arabs, great at flyin.. no good at landing...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭DUBLINHITMAN

Team killing bunch of idiots . No wonder your servers empty

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

If anyone in our clan team kills someone it is either an accident which does happen sometimes no matter how good you are, or it was pay back for them team killing them out of a vehicle.

Usually pre rent a server, if some randomer team kills an IRL clan member out of a jet or chopper he is shot down in seconds, and then team killed once by every member. Now we just kick them or switch them over to the other team.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Idiots?? I'm sure a mod will show you the door for abusing people here!!

Also royal is right accidents happen unless your being a dick and causing trouble in the server then the lads might react!!

IRL ABÚ

Btw our lot pay for that server either way we can do what we want If you don't like it go elsewhere!!

60 odd members and we all get on fine tbh your the first person to point this out that says a lot about your post

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

DUBLINHITMAN, I do not tolerate any abuse on these forums. Warning for personal abuse, you'll receive a 1-week ban if you reoffend.

If you do not like playing with the clan, then don't. Simple.

FutureGuy wrote: »

DUBLINHITMAN, I do not tolerate any abuse on these forums. Warning for personal abuse, you'll receive a 1-week ban if you reoffend.

If you do not like playing with the clan, then don't. Simple.

I was in irl server and only a couple of lads were in there all irl lads and they jumped out and it was me and another irl guy on the same team he was in a tank I was on a roof top and he just killed me for no reason any way if the word idiot offends a clan then there's something seriously wrong with your clan . It was an idiotic team kill no reason for it .

Glad I got him back thou then used the defibrillator on him and stabbed him and left
    I've been in the same clan for 6 years idiotic team kills don't happen .

As stated above killing for choppers and vehicles is a no no
    And they just get kicked simple as that but I did absolutely nothing on the irl guy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

if the word idiot offends a clan then there's something seriously wrong with your clan

Nothing to do with the Clan it's the Rules of Boards.ie Personal Insults will not be tolerated on any thread.

I was in irl server and only a couple of lads were in there all irl lads and they jumped out and it was me and another irl guy on the same team he was in a tank I was on a roof top and he just killed me for no reason any way if the word idiot offends a clan then there's something seriously wrong with your clan . It was an idiotic team kill no reason for it .

Glad I got him back thou then used the defibrillator on him and stabbed him and left

And they just get kicked simple as that but I did absolutely nothing on the irl guy
    Best of luck anyone recommending you for membership after you calling us all idiots!

What's your gt and what irl clan member killed you??

Best of luck anyone recommending you for membership after you calling us all idiots!

What's your gt and what irl clan member killed you??

So all the irl lads with ira quotes in there bio/moto
    Should they really be on boards.ie asking people to join I think boards.ie should take a serious look at what offends people and what they have moderators for .

Irl clan are Team killers .
    The irl player that got me for no reason has put the eye on irl clan and not for good reasons
    I can't remember who is it was but it was on your lads server and he had irl in his tag .

Anyway good look with your ira clan members

Is it just me or is this blown up over proportion abit?

No pun intended..:)

I have a feeling he is talking out of his arse and just has an axe to grind with us.

If you want me to take this seriously, tell me who team killed you, and what your gamertag is?

You can find out who team killed you on battlelog and with your gamertag we can do like wise.

I have a feeling he is talking out of his arse and just has an axe to grind with us.

If you want me to take this seriously, tell me who team killed you, and what your gamertag is?

You can find out who team killed you on battlelog and with your gamertag we can do like wise.

Talking out of my arse I'm not I'll go on the battleblog and find him and tell you who it was ok

It will only let me see my last few games
    How far back can you go .
    Or whoever was on yesterday that didn't play to much have a look
    Anyway my gamertag is as my username
    I team kill from the rules irl stand by
    But I do not team kill for nothing .

Get on to your players about having ira quotes in there bio it makes your clan look childish as does team killing for no reason .

Good luck anyway
    Oh and sorry for calling you all a bunch of idiots because of one guy
    I'm 32 I wouldn't come on here to talk through my arse just to make a point I may have gone the wrong way about it but what's done is done

Woooow big edit just realised its irishdonies irl clan server so if it's not official IRL clans server my bad but if it is then it is

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭ADarkKnight88

It was probably Kay :D

• Advertisement

What time were you on yesterday so I can narrow it down? and who of our members has IRA quotes in their moto?

I would also like to add you might be over reacting abit. I am guilty of team killing people myself when in tanks. Just because it was from someone in a tank doesn't mean it was on purpose. About a week ago I team killed 2 guys on my own team who were just feet away from me, and then one more of the same guys again. All a complete accident. I just didn't make out the blue above their heads.

If your gamertag is your username on here you should give our servers another chance and you will see we dont team kill on purpose. One of the main reasons we have private servers is so we dont have to put up with bull**** like that.

Also we only kick people from the server to make space of other clan members, and when kicking people, known boards.ie users or Irish people get preference over, lets say someone with a French looking gamertag. With Dublin in your gamertag you'll be good.

You more than welcome to join in again sometime.

EDIT: Thats also a good point by ADarkknight. We have some members who wouldn't exactly be the best of players. But we are not a competitive gaming clan and are more about just having abit of craic in party chat and enjoying our games. People of all skills and people who team kill quite abit accidentally of course, are all welcome.

Dublinhitman,

I remember you playing yesterday but don't remember any team mate (and certainly no community member) intentionally killing you!

As you said, Donnies server isn't our official server (which is password protected) but somewhere we've being playing just for fun and laughs. Bare in mind, that's a paid server and you are privileged as a non-member to play on it, which can be easily revoked, permanently ;)

Intentional team killing is frowned upon by all members of our community and generally never happens... unless we're all just having a bit of a laugh on a fairly empty/boring server but everyone's in on it at that stage.

Coming on to this forum accusing a member of our community of intentionally team killing you when you can't even give us his name is absolutely ridiculous! As you said, you're 32, you should know better and have handled this situation better.

I would advise you to wise up and remember that you are "gaming", it's supposed to be a fun, so stop taking it so seriously. Reacting like this over a single team kill that may or may not have been intentional by a nameless gamer, that you think may have had IRL in his name or tag. There are many Irish gamers with IRL in their tags or in their GT's, that doesn't mean they are all members of our community!

Besides, as Royal pointed out, team kills happen, that's war ;) I alone took out vast numbers of my own team while suppressing areas with the M249, last night... but I put that down to natural selection, if they were stupid enough to run down a hallway that I was unleashing 200 rounds on :D

As a community, we pride ourselves in selecting our members for their sense of fair play, comradeship and sense of respect to fellow members.

As Royal suggested, you are more than welcome to join our servers again at any time and you will find that we have a great bunch of people in our community and has enhanced all our experiences on XBL.

So come back on again to Donnies server and feel the love :D

PS. You do realise that your tags are now a priority for all members :eek:

Dublinhitman,
    I alone took out vast numbers of my own team while suppressing areas with the M249, last night... but I put that down to natural selection, if they were stupid enough to run down a hallway that I was unleashing 200 rounds on :D

I seem to remember running down an alleyway on Grand Bazaar last night and getting cut down by your suppressing fire. My first instinct was to say sorry Moose, my fault.

I seem to remember running down an alleyway on Grand Bazaar last night and getting cut down by your suppressing fire. My first instinct was to say sorry Moose, my fault.

That's true, Royal, you did say that... and Failsafe, naughtokev and Cableguy also all acknowledged their mistake. I still felt bad about having to write those letters home though :D

Except for Kentar who gave out to me but he genuinely didn't realise the tank and I were suppressing that alleyway and ran out of a side alley right into the line of fire... poor guy never saw it coming and I know his family well :o

Couldn't care less about your members
    Priorities .
    They'll just get kicked from the server I play in

It will only let me see my last few games
    How far back can you go .
    Or whoever was on yesterday that didn't play to much have a look
    Anyway my gamertag is as my username
    I team kill from the rules irl stand by
    But I do not team kill for nothing .

Get on to your players about having ira quotes in there bio it makes your clan look childish as does team killing for no reason .

Good luck anyway
    Oh and sorry for calling you all a bunch of idiots because of one guy
    I'm 32 I wouldn't come on here to talk through my arse just to make a point I may have gone the wrong way about it but what's done is done

Woooow big edit just realised its irishdonies irl clan server so if it's not official IRL clans server my bad but if it is then it is
    Tbh who hasn't ever team killed accidentally?? As the lads said irl have a huge mixture of players all skills included really!! One game can't justify you talking crap bout the lads they are a fantastic community that I am very proud to be part of..

The clan has converted me from being a single player gamer to a massive fan of online shooters! You should come in later add a few of us and get involved! Yes your tags are wanted but we will be nice after we all get them ;)

Look we all rant I do it regular I'll set you a challenge to get involved with the community believe me you don't know what your missing

My gt is

HUGEBASHER

Add me and a few more and get involved aieet???

It probably was Kay that got you tbh lol

Oh before I forget the clan doesn't have anyone spouting any IRA stuff in profiles etc all of us are just joe soaps well royal is clan leader so he is royalty ;)

Good luck BASHER out :)

Priorities .

Face palm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Priorities .
    You sound like a 10 year old child with all those sour grapes. You got teamkilled once so get over it. Theres many nights hugebasher put an rpg through a few teammates and you laugh it off. A dose of man the fock up wouldnt do you any harm

Priorities .

Consider yourself permanently banned from any IRL servers for simply being an obvious troll talking out his arse and being a muppet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Wow some people are just born tossers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement