Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Official Xbox Clan: The IRL Clan (Mod Warning Post 158)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Ok guys, we're oscar mike! Smoke 'em if ya got 'em :D

Would do but Amazon haven't dispatched my copy yet :(

GT: Desolateseven

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Stupid work ! Gah.. ! I could have been up all night playing !...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

JD1763 wrote: »
    Would do but Amazon haven't dispatched my copy yet :(

GT: Desolateseven

are u looking to join the clan JD1763??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Ok guys, we're oscar mike! Smoke 'em if ya got 'em :D

yeah im smokin em Moose , this game is sweet . :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

naughto wrote: »
    are u looking to join the clan JD1763??

He's in some of our friends. have played bc2 a few times with him
    he's also a member on the site with 21 posts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

I already did naughto, I was also one of the first responders to Irish's first thread here on boards when BC2 came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Dutch2008 reporting for duty later on tonight.

Huge learning curve as never played BC2 but im sure it will be fun.

You guys better make sure you do better than me and Potatoes or you will look really bad :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

Get some get some!!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭canister94

had fun with ye guys tonight taking yere dogtags and all ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

am i the only one who thinks that games are seriously trying to stop snipers? Battlefield is great but as an out and out sniper i feel let down. I'm on my third recon class gun, it's bolt action but takes two shots to kill if not head with massive kick compared to the virtual battle rifles. My next bolt action in 10k points isn't a one hit kill either. It really annoys me as there's on advantage of using a bolt action yet you still get the drawback of slow reload. And the mav is great for scouting for the team but it has no weapons to use nor can it kill by dropping down at full speed on someone. the feckin flotsam is useless atm as i can't call in rockets and the thing i can do it for is a last unlock for the tank. The game is class i just wish they didn't treat snipers as leppers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Powerful snipers could ruin the game, so they are probably doing their best to balance that class so as to not detract from the overall gameplay. At the moment, I think they have the aim/sway almost perfect. Only being using the SVD and MOD so expect a double tap to get a kill. The version of the M95 is a one shot kill, I thought?

i've no problem with the sway, but the only way to be a helpful recon is to hide away spotting and not engaging the enemy. Powerful snipers can be bad yes but within 50m if i hit you center mass there should be on need for me to run away from getting killed

i've no problem with the sway, but the only way to be a helpful recon is to hide away spotting and not engaging the enemy. Powerful snipers can be bad yes but within 50m if i hit you center mass there should be on need for me to run away from getting killed

I was using the sv98 on the beta and got plenty of one shot one kill hits. anywhere above the stomach area seemed to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭P0lygon Wind0w

Hey guys - Just sent some friend requests to 'naughtokev' and 'FAILSAFE 00' - But xbox.com wouldn't let me send any messages. My gamertag is GavinJC. Anyway, should be home from work and online around 8ish tonight. Would love to have a go, and get some squad work going instead of running around loonatics. Never even though of looking for an Irish group before - I'm a BC2 player.

Lemmie know if I'm barking up the wrong tree here with regards to getting into a game with you guys, or if I should be adding someone else.

Ta.

bigbadcon wrote: »
    Dutch2008 reporting for duty later on tonight.

Huge learning curve as never played BC2 but im sure it will be fun.

You guys better make sure you do better than me and Potatoes or you will look really bad :D

I thought i was doing really well Dutch until we had to play on core today as the servers were full , Feck me talk about a bashing :o

gavinjc wrote: »
    Hey guys - Just sent some friend requests to 'naughtokev' and 'FAILSAFE 00' - But xbox.com wouldn't let me send any messages. My gamertag is GavinJC. Anyway, should be home from work and online around 8ish tonight. Would love to have a go, and get some squad work going instead of running around loonatics. Never even though of looking for an Irish group before - I'm a BC2 player.

Lemmie know if I'm barking up the wrong tree here with regards to getting into a game with you guys, or if I should be adding someone else.

Ta.

no u are right in adding me as iam the leader(when royals not around or when he goes off the rails)
    sign uo here http://www.irlclan.net/main/

no u are right in adding me as iam the leader(when royals not around or when he goes off the rails)
    sign uo here http://www.irlclan.net/main/

Leader of many, master of none :pac::pac:

Ta.

Im sure you'll find games with the two you added. just jump into a game with them and join the party.

Kev is the clan mascot when shoveltooth isnt on ( they're brothers from mayo)

Nice one - Sent a message on the contact page. Thanks

Just thinkin - I'm a Dad of a 10 year old, who I don't really allow play BF, definitely not unsupervised and only occasionally on a turn based deal. But when he's playing, should I remove the IRL tag? ( should I be accepted ;) )

wher not going to start this again garv just cos u can count higher than 123 there no need to come here insulting people calling me shovels brother is the lowest of the low.i doubt even shovels parents like him at this stage

• Advertisement

Just thinkin - I'm a Dad of a 10 year old, who I don't really allow play BF, definitely not unsupervised and only occasionally on a turn based deal. But when he's playing, should I remove the IRL tag? ( should I be accepted ;) )
    i dont think u will need to remove the irl tag its like a birth mark its there for life.prob best to keep him out of the chat party cos some of the stuff thats said in these would not be for a 10 year old ears then again we let garv in to the partys and hers only 8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

just replied to your message there

i dont think u will need to remove the irl tag its like a birth mark its there for life.prob best to keep him out of the chat party cos some of the stuff thats said in these would not be for a 10 year old ears then again we let garv in to the partys and hers only 8

my lad is 14 and a clan member , at least i think he still is :confused: gives as good as he gets in chat when he does decide to grace us with his presence :pac:
    but saying that im a terrible Father :o

almanu wrote: »
    my lad is 14 and a clan member , at least i think he still is :confused: gives as good as he gets in chat when he does decide to grace us with his presence :pac:
    but saying that im a terrible Father :o

If I get him too involved in it, I'll never get on!

whats the story with no hardcore :-(

If I get him too involved in it, I'll never get on!

In all fairness he does have his own Xbox , other wise he would be playing football on the dual carriage way :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

bit of a weird offer
    http://www.zavvi.com/offers/battlefield-deal.list
    i supose they think you will need clean shorts after playing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 tsmyth

hey guys, guess whose back!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭cableguy.ie

Any one get failsafes tag yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

tsmyth wrote: »
    hey guys, guess whose back!!!!!!!!!!