Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Official Xbox Clan: The IRL Clan (Mod Warning Post 158)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Cork24 wrote: »
    I cant Sign into BattleLog any one else having this problem ?

Also any one having a green flicker on their Screen once in a While ? like what we say in the Beta version

i got this at the start as well it goes away prob just a server issue

garv123 wrote: »
    38% of 0 is still 0:p

i see clown college is paying off garv

• Registered Users Posts: 29 eskoflip

Hey guys, what's the clan web address? meself and a friend played BC2 a lot and now play BF3. We're not too bad at it so would be interested in getting in with a few guys who communicate when playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

www.irlclan.net mate, there's a welcome board for people to post on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Ugggghhhhh this game is not noob friendly at all :(

Not much fun playing and finished a match with 0 kills and 20+ deaths, and then the odds are further stacked against you with the kit you get the more you level up.

I'm on level 2 and constantly in with lvl 20+ guys, they really should have done what they did in gears of war 3 where they made you play a noobs game unless you were over a certain level in the previous games or you hit a certain point in the current game.

Very off putting indeed, I haven't play competitive modes in a FPS for years and back then it was Nazi's and M1's with a mouse and kb :(

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    Ugggghhhhh this game is not noob friendly at all :(

Not much fun playing and finished a match with 0 kills and 20+ deaths, and then the odds are further stacked against you with the kit you get the more you level up.

I'm on level 2 and constantly in with lvl 20+ guys, they really should have done what they did in gears of war 3 where they made you play a noobs game unless you were over a certain level in the previous games or you hit a certain point in the current game.

Very off putting indeed, I haven't play competitive modes in a FPS for years and back then it was Nazi's and M1's with a mouse and kb :(
    It's all about dropping health packs/ammo packs/spawn points at the lower levels my man, Stick with it, it the quite a rewarding game once yer into it, I'll be online hopefully tomorrow, we'll team up and get some **** done, also don't worry about your K/d it's all about the W

It's all about dropping health packs/ammo packs/spawn points at the lower levels my man, Stick with it, it the quite a rewarding game once yer into it, I'll be online hopefully tomorrow, we'll team up and get some **** done, also don't worry about your K/d it's all about the W

Yeah hopefully we wont have a repeat of last times incident, where I install the game and the 1st first game I play I end up team killing you in a moment of spawn / spray and pray panic.

Like OMG, there's one, shoot !!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Edit: Also how come those bloody flashlights can blind you during daytime maps grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

bahahahah yeah you knob!!

Don't worry about it, eventually you'll get it right and team kill cableguy like all of us :D

bahahahah yeah you knob!!

Don't worry about it, eventually you'll get it right and team kill cableguy like all of us :D

I see, so X marks the Cableguy eh? /Takes notes .....I'm learning

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

I have a few spare original MS mics. Reckon you could get that fitted to your trittons with a bit of duct tape, once you break off the headband. Wouldn't look pretty but hey, nobody looks sexy wearing a gaming headset anyway (except for those of us with Chimaeras, naturally ;))

Rocking Chimaera 5.1's myself!

So I got to play some of you last night (On the opposing team) how to I get a shiney shiney IRL beside my name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

GAH Band practise later. I will finally be online tonight for a while... Terrible timing of crap happening !

ya play with us for a few games Dean, if we think you fit in well with the clan (basically you're not a screaming 12 year old) you'll be given access to the full site (follow the link in my sig and say hi now if you want) and then you'll be invited to the platoon on battlelog if you're on it

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

I shall be on most of the afternoon!

It's raining out + i'm not working = xbox day

I won't be on :( stuck in the **** hole where I live

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Guys just for the record the Welcome thread on our forum is password protected so pm me or one of the lads to get the password.

its just to stop spam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Great games tonight guys..A bit rusty from lack of play but Irish Warlord and myself held our own against yee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

Great games tonight guys..A bit rusty from lack of play but Irish Warlord and myself held our own against yee :D

yea we were a great team, have to squad up in the future.

was great being back playing with you lads, have missed it. got a few tags tonight so happy with that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭bridgemond

What's your gamertag?

Bridgemond:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Hi Folks,

I was a big fan of BFBC2 but never got around to playing in a clan. I've only played a bit of BF3 and Im still stuck in the middle of the road. It seems pretty buggy on the XBox still to be perfectly honest but what is really pissing me off is that BF3 has done so well that it is now flooded with plebs. The more I play BF3 it just seems to be full of retards who don't know how to play the game or choose not to defend points etc and 9/10 of my squads are full of plebs. Somebody save me from the plebs.

I'm looking for anyone who plays BF3 on XBox 360 for adding to a friends list and playing in a squad. Im up to my eyes with college work etc at the moment so I cant give any commitments to training etc I just want to play in a squad that can spell tactics and knows what teamwork is.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Self praise is no praise!!!

Loving new game num num num Tags ;) thanks all :D

• Advertisement

PDD wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

I was a big fan of BFBC2 but never got around to playing in a clan. I've only played a bit of BF3 and Im still stuck in the middle of the road. It seems pretty buggy on the XBox still to be perfectly honest but what is really pissing me off is that BF3 has done so well that it is now flooded with plebs. The more I play BF3 it just seems to be full of retards who don't know how to play the game or choose not to defend points etc and 9/10 of my squads are full of plebs. Somebody save me from the plebs.

I'm looking for anyone who plays BF3 on XBox 360 for adding to a friends list and playing in a squad. Im up to my eyes with college work etc at the moment so I cant give any commitments to training etc I just want to play in a squad that can spell tactics and knows what teamwork is.

Dave

hi dave

we have a clan site set up just drop us and email and some one will get back to you.or addd me naughtokev,or these guys Dunworth1
    FAILSAFE 00 Royal 1rish TheMooseInNam say that u seen the bf3 thread on boards when adding people.

http://www.irlclan.net/main/

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Any of you lads playing co-op? I need a partner for the bullseye and ninja achievements :)

I have all the levels passed on hard so if you need a hand with them thats no problem just don't ask me to fly the chopper, I did it once and it was a seriously sweaty 20 mins! :eek:

iColdFusion.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tombomb7

I was part of the BF BC2 clan you guys had running, but maybe the rules have changed since so I'm applying for me (Tombomb7) and my bro (Ashvre). I've played with some of you guys a fair few times before, and so has my bro. Do you want me to play some BF3 with you guys before I apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Tombomb7 wrote: »
    I was part of the BF BC2 clan you guys had running, but maybe the rules have changed since so I'm applying for me (Tombomb7) and my bro (Ashvre). I've played with some of you guys a fair few times before, and so has my bro. Do you want me to play some BF3 with you guys before I apply?

Hey Tombomb, I remember ya, don't worry. I've accepted you into the BF3 IRL Clan platoon. Are you registered on the main site yet, www.irlclan.net?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Tombomb7

Cool cheers, it says user registration is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Jofspring

New to battlefield.

Just threw out a few requests. Wouldn't mind getting into a few games with people. Should be more fun than playing alone, even though so far I'm really enjoying it.

GT: Jofspring.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Jofspring wrote: »
    New to battlefield.

Just threw out a few requests. Wouldn't mind getting into a few games with people. Should be more fun than playing alone, even though so far I'm really enjoying it.

GT: Jofspring.

go here first

www.irlclan.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭vasch_ro

hi I sent a request through the clan site, I am a very casual player but would like to get involved with some good team play if possible, I on line that much due to other life commitments.
    gamer-tag ; vaschro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,061 ✭✭✭Jofspring

dunworth1 wrote: »
    go here first

www.irlclan.net/

Checked that out and sent a few friend requests to names on the list. Whats next? Play a few games of BF3 online with them then ask them to confirm me?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Jofspring wrote: »
    Checked that out and sent a few friend requests to names on the list. Whats next? Play a few games of BF3 online with them then ask them to confirm me?

Pretty much, yeah...

Get chatting to the guys, play your part in the squad and give up your first born, that's about it :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement