Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Official Xbox Clan: The IRL Clan (Mod Warning Post 158)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Jofspring wrote: »
    Checked that out and sent a few friend requests to names on the list. Whats next? Play a few games of BF3 online with them then ask them to confirm me?

I got your invite and I will be online from Monday onwards for a few games.

After we have a couple of games with you and we know your not a screaming 12 year old we get you signed up to the site and whatever else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Can any of the new guys get on this afternoon? Good few of us playing and a good chance to introduce yourselves. Cheers, guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

I've been trying to join your games lads, but its always either full or just plain won't let me join. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

Jaafa wrote: »
    I've been trying to join your games lads, but its always either full or just plain won't let me join. :/

go into the server and go to friends find the game they are on and try to join,it will put you into a queue to join the game,can sometimes be a long wait

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Its well worth the wait to get into a game with other Irish guys who actually communicate.

• Advertisement

Its well worth the wait to get into a game with other Irish guys who actually communicate.

defo,should really have said it,games are so much better,just watch yer back at all times if you find yourself on the other team :D

jambofc wrote: »
    defo,should really have said it,games are so much better,just watch yer back at all times if you find yourself on the other team :D

I know that well enough at this stage. :P I've played with ya's and against ya's and either way it's great craic. It's just at this early stage I'm impatient to get into a game. :D

Also how do I add the IRL tag to my soldier?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I know that well enough at this stage. :P I've played with ya's and against ya's and either way it's great craic. It's just at this early stage I'm impatient to get into a game. :D

Also how do I add the IRL tag to my soldier?

you have to do it through battlelog

dunworth1 wrote: »
    you have to do it through battlelog

I looked before only found it now, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I looked before only found it now, thanks.

it is a bit hard to find alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

I want to unlock the mortar already :(

I want to unlock the mortar already :(

waste of time unless ya have a sniper spotting everything for you in hardcore,in softcore you can i suppose destroy the opposition but then softcore's for cod players :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I dont know about about soft core for COD.. a couple of you were playing Rush soft Core tonight .. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I hate soft core so i had to leave... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Cork24 wrote: »
    I dont know about about soft core for COD.. a couple of you were playing Rush soft Core tonight .. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Those rush games were terrible, we went and started a squad on hc conquest soon after

Cork24 wrote: »

Thanks for the tags :p

Your welcome don't worry I'll gets yours soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Hi all,

Just started playing last night. I really only play on Monday - Wednesday evenings, after that I have work and GF duties.

I played BF2 (PC) quite extensively for some Euro Clan (that I can't even remember the name of...but we were quite good and did well in one of the leagues). I could probably find the clan name (website) from some old emails.

Anyway, is it possible to join the IRL clan just for sh*tes and giggles? It would be a lot more fun if I was playing with Irish lads. BF2 and from what I can see BF3 is so team oriented that as Single player you don't have too much of a chance. I'm mostly playing the Engineer class at the moment if that makes any difference, I like driving armour and taking flags.

Hi all,

Just started playing last night. I really only play on Monday - Wednesday evenings, after that I have work and GF duties.

I played BF2 (PC) quite extensively for some Euro Clan (that I can't even remember the name of...but we were quite good and did well in one of the leagues). I could probably find the clan name (website) from some old emails.

Anyway, is it possible to join the IRL clan just for sh*tes and giggles? It would be a lot more fun if I was playing with Irish lads. BF2 and from what I can see BF3 is so team oriented that as Single player you don't have too much of a chance. I'm mostly playing the Engineer class at the moment if that makes any difference, I like driving armour and taking flags.

Sh*tes and giggles are the only reason we play....oh and dags dags dags.

But yeah just read the first couple of posts in the thread for more info on how to join.

Thanks Jaafa, Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Thanks Jaafa, Will do

I'll save you looking back, click here www.irlclan.net/main and click "join us"

• Advertisement

Good games of hc squad deathmatch once the snipers left and were replaced by IRL members :D
    Failsafe is banned from the tank the cowardly bastard

Fail Safe didnt spend one whole map in a tank unlike some other Squad did.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

The tank made it a bit interesting! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

2 things

1. boosters = :mad:

2. my w/l ratio got destroyed from those squad deathmatches :(

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

Had a really wierd glitch during the games last night. Everytime I entered a vehicle the image on the screen flashed to black repeatedly, like when you get revived and when I tried to turn the turret it jumped 180 degrees before slowly rotating back to the forward view. Was really annoying and I'm sure 00 Magician 00 was wondering what the hell was going on with the shoddy driving. Also can't seem to get my mike working, another major annoyance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

JD1763 wrote: »
    Had a really wierd glitch during the games last night. Everytime I entered a vehicle the image on the screen flashed to black repeatedly, like when you get revived and when I tried to turn the turret it jumped 180 degrees before slowly rotating back to the, forward view. Was really annoying and I'm sure 00 Magician 00 was wondering what the hell was going on with the shoddy driving. Also can't seem to get my mike working, another major annoyance!
    Yep last night was a weird one, I was out on the side of a football pitch from 6pm to 10pm last night and was lookg forward to some bf3. I joined in to some conquest and after a couple of minutes I started to get kicked from the game, after the fifth kick I decided that it wasn't going to happen so it was good night from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,216 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Great games last night but the lag was ****ing disgusting to say the least

Strange Question but..

So I played for a while last night but I can't seem to find a way to swap sides so I could join the IRL team, I was in the XBOX chat for a while but being on the opposite team it was kinda like cheating. On saying that every time I rocked up to the Flag the IRL guys were capping I tended to get smoked...so perhaps that was the plan all along!

If your friend is on the opposite team is there a way to swap sides? or what is the quickest way for a friends to group together for a Chat \ Squads?

I spent ages yesterday looking but honestly I cant find anything

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

You can switch teams under the Squad management menu. Just hit start and then Y (I think)in the menu and the option is there at the bottom. Sometimes its shaded when switching is not allowed, for example near the end of a round, other times it won't allow you to switch if it will unbalance the teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Strange Question but..

So I played for a while last night but I can't seem to find a way to swap sides so I could join the IRL team, I was in the XBOX chat for a while but being on the opposite team it was kinda like cheating. On saying that every time I rocked up to the Flag the IRL guys were capping I tended to get smoked...so perhaps that was the plan all along!

If your friend is on the opposite team is there a way to swap sides? or what is the quickest way for a friends to group together for a Chat \ Squads?

I spent ages yesterday looking but honestly I cant find anything
    In the player selection screen press y for squad selection and you are given the option to change sides, you can only do this if there is room and doesn't unbalance the sides.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement