Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 3: Official Xbox Clan: The IRL Clan (Mod Warning Post 158)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

It's a shame there's no dog tag victim list like there was in BC2 :(
    At least there's now no evidence of people knifing me I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

It's a shame there's no dog tag victim list like there was in BC2 :(
    At least there's now no evidence of people knifing me I guess

Its on battlelog.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭shoveltooth

Jaafa wrote: »
    Its on battlelog.
    It doesn't show how many tags you have of specific people though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

hope they keep it that, it might keep the tag whoring at bay.. :P...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

Cork24 wrote: »
    Fail Safe didnt spend one whole map in a tank unlike some other Squad did.

Didn't think it was the whole map I was in the tank!

• Advertisement

It doesn't show how many tags you have of specific people though

True, I also miss the victory endings at the end of rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

you cant keep every one happy,, Now can you ? some people want this in a game others want that in a game. just be happy its not like MOH.. Which i was kinda afraid that it would be

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

I quite liked MOH, it had issues but these could have been resolved with a few minor tweaks. If they'd addressed those it would have been a fantastic multi-player experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

JD1763 wrote: »
    I quite liked MOH, it had issues but these could have been resolved with a few minor tweaks. If they'd addressed those it would have been a fantastic multi-player experience.

Thats the Problem, they Never did.

Now its looking the Same with BF3 i am getting that Green Flicker across my Screen all the time and its so So pi**ing me off..

The main Problem i had with MOH is when a guy was shooting at you and you got behind cover you still got killed. it was like they set the Bullet Hit so high that it would follow you behind cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Cork24 wrote: »
    Thats the Problem, they Never did.

Now its looking the Same with BF3 i am getting that Green Flicker across my Screen all the time and its so So pi**ing me off..

The main Problem i had with MOH is when a guy was shooting at you and you got behind cover you still got killed. it was like they set the Bullet Hit so high that it would follow you behind cover.

the thing is they cant just patch it. it has to go to Microsoft first so takes a few weeks. but i have faith in dice

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Bit outta the loop guys but will be returning shortly as soon as Eircom fix my BB.

In the meantime am having to make do with single player, grrrrr

Are many of the old guard from BC2 playing BF3 ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

miju wrote: »
    Bit outta the loop guys but will be returning shortly as soon as Eircom fix my BB.

everyone in the clan is playing but a couple have drifted to the dark side recently

jambofc wrote: »
    everyone in the clan is playing but a couple have drifted to the dark side recently

They will be....reeducated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Figure you guys could give me the best answer.

My Headsets seems to constantly cut out during BF3 (Haven't used it with other games). Its a new headset which came with my new xbox (Black with a single mic & ear piece). Anyway, its become very frustrating as it seems to fail when I need it the most...and I die a lot so thats pretty much all the time.

As the IRL Clan uses headsets constantly do people buy specific ones or upgraded ones (Turtle Beech, Sennheiser, Plantronics)?

I don't mind investing a little because my current one is breaking my heart!

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭JD1763

I think different IRL use different headsets. I have Razer Chimaeras and love them. Others like the turtle beach sets. So depends on how much you want to spend and which ones you like the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Simon Gruber Says

I use the Tritton Ax Pro's. Any headset with surround sound is a big advantage. Being able to pinpoint the direction a noise came from, hear people sneaking up behind you and picking up on little sounds you'd never notice otherwise.

I have noticed there are still a few sound glitches in BF3 though. The sound can cut out sometimes at random intervals or after an explosion when the sound is supposed to cut out, sometimes it takes a while longer than it should to come back.

Hopefully these issues will be resolved soon enough but I'd still recommend investing in a headset. They range from c. €130-300 A couple of well know surround sound ones are :-

Tritton Ax 720
    Tritton Ax Pro
    Turtle Beach X21
    Turtle Beach X41
    Razr Chimaera
    Astro A40

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

i have the turtle beach x11 and i find they very good but simon is right there is a lot of sound glitches in the bf3 mp game it cuts out at the most time u need the f1cking thing,dice servers are **** if u ask me.i got kicked 5 or 6 times in the space of 1 hour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭bubbleking

miju wrote: »

there is no UAV in BF3 though :P you'll just have to make do with the MAV and roadkill the **** out of people

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

theres jets in the MP though yes? REALLY missed planes that from the game and the UAV controls are very similir to how planes are flown fancy style LOL so once I got a quick air vehicle I'm a happy bunny

• Registered Users Posts: 32 fergalharrison

Figure you guys could give me the best answer.

My Headsets seems to constantly cut out during BF3 (Haven't used it with other games). Its a new headset which came with my new xbox (Black with a single mic & ear piece). Anyway, its become very frustrating as it seems to fail when I need it the most...and I die a lot so thats pretty much all the time.

As the IRL Clan uses headsets constantly do people buy specific ones or upgraded ones (Turtle Beech, Sennheiser, Plantronics)?

I don't mind investing a little because my current one is breaking my heart!

Thanks

the turtle beach x11s are a favourite of a couple of our members but if you want to splash the cash and go dolby digital quality, the ax 720's or the razer chimeras are your best option.
    i switched to using the chimeras recently and havn't looked back, great 5.1 surround sound quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Thanks everyone.

My kind brother ended up buying a set for me as a surprise, he was on the other end of the mic so it suits both of us.

TURTLE BEACH Ear Force X41 7.1 Headset

Havent arrived yet but I can't wait to try them out :)

Thanks for your help!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭naughto

Thanks everyone.

My kind brother ended up buying a set for me as a surprise, he was on the other end of the mic so it suits both of us.

Thanks for your help!

now that u have a decent mike why sign up to the clan

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Thanks everyone.

Thanks for your help!

I have these and the sound is very good off them but they do eat the batteries.

Sometimes the sound will be ok on your end but those in your party will complain that there is a lot of noise coming from your mic, if playing single player games you'll probably get another hour or so before they die but im sure its very annoying for everyone else if playing multiplayer.

Besides the batteries they are a great headset.

The freedom of no wires is great too..

Enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

It's very simple to sort the battery issue. I bought a set of four AAA batteries in Lidl with a charging stand for about €20. Now I always have a fully charged pair on standby.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

Here's a link to a review I wrote for the Chimaera's on comparison to the x41's.

http://www.irlclan.net/main/blog/2011/05/31/razer-chimaera-5-1-headset/

It's very simple to sort the battery issue. I bought a set of four AAA batteries in Lidl with a charging stand for about €20. Now I always have a fully charged pair on standby.

i recenlty bought engizer rechargeable batteries in argos and i have been geting at least four days out of them. and i play every night from 9.30 to around 11.30 -12

and sometimes play 7-8.30

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dean_Mc

I bought the chimera 5.1's on the back of Moose's review and love them. I get about 7 hours out of them per session. Had to put the eq back to green as the red setting was way to mental for my virgin ears. Had ax pros before that but found the sound very muddy.

Haven't played much bf3 myself between skyrim and a vomiting bug I've been hard done by :'(

Dean_Mc wrote: »
    I bought the chimera 5.1's on the back of Moose's review and love them. I get about 7 hours out of them per session. Had to put the eq back to green as the red setting was way to mental for my virgin ears. Had ax pros before that but found the sound very muddy.

Haven't played much bf3 myself between skyrim and a vomiting bug I've been hard done by :'(

too much info mate

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭top madra

Hey guys I'm new here..

Anybody going blasting in about a hour?

GT. TIMBERFACE187

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

One of the tough games last night....

2011-11-21%25252023.54.27.jpg?gl=IE

Lost my tags more then once in the above match!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement