Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crysis 1 [Games on demand]

Options
  • 04-10-2011 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭

Anyone looking for Crysis to go up today, hear this:

There is apparently a problem with the achievements, so the store hasn't been updated. There was also an error message stopping European users from downloading it form xbox.com all day.

That message is now gone and you can now buy it from the site.

Also, you might have to go into your active download queue and select "download this item only" to get it working. Download size is 4.09GB in case anyone is wondering.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Apparently they're fixing the achievements issue now:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-9737-Crysis-Achievements-are-Missing-in-Action-%5BUpdated%5D.html

I'd like to see reviews of this. I have the PC version, which is excellent, but I'd like to be sure before I buy it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Actually, based on your post, it would appear that you've downloaded this Rob. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Rob2D

Only played the first level, but first impressions are very good. The achievements aren't broken at all, well not for me anyway.

This game is really pretty as I expected. You can immediately see how this thing melted PC's back in '07. It looks just as good as anything else you can get on console today. And that's high praise since I've just finished playing Gears 3 campaign.

The controls all work pretty well, the guns and suit are awesome and the AI is killer. No real bugs to speak of so far, however, I picked up a turtle at the start and when I set it down it was walking in mid air. And the debris seems to go crazy at times when it gets tangled in something else, but these are small things.

The only gripe I have with the game is the movement speed. I can only seem to walk or sprint, not run. As a result I'm either moving at a snail's pace or zipping around like The Flash.

But hey, I'm having fun and that's the main thing!

Advertisement