Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

URGENT HELP REQUIRED CORK CITY!!

• 04-10-2011 6:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

My SiL found a kitten today in Cork City. Poor little thing had a sibling who was sadly run over and killed this morning.

The kitten's adorable. She can only be about six weeks old, and is jet black all over. We would love to keep her, but sadly cannot:(.

I've tried the Animal Care Society, and Anne Fitzgerald in The Glen. Sadly, Anne has passed, and the ACS have over 200 animals :eek: and can't take the kitty either!

Is anyone able to help?

TIA :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Recommendations of animal rescues you have 'first hand knowledge of personally' by PM only please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭MaryK666

I've sent you a PM with details of someone who may be able to help. Fingers crossed for the poor little mite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Guys:

Just a quick note to thank you all. Those who replied on the thread (before they were removed), and those who PM'd me with places.

After spending most of the evening and this morning ringing round to get the kitty a home, between my SiL and I we've decided to keep the cat.

Funny - when she found it, it was exactly a year since I lost my fella. The kitten looks just like my boy did too. Think my old boy was trying to tell me something...

Anyway. Kitty went to the vet tonight. She is actually a He :cool:. A little underweight, and has a few fleas. Needed to be wormed and had a vitamin shot, but otherwise - he's great!! He's in his new home at the moment doing what kitties do. Finding the most comfy places to sit, playing with his ball and watching telly.

Now thinking of names....

Once again - thank you all for your support!:D

As an aside. Why the hell don't people get their little darlings spayed if they don't want the hassle of kittens and puppies?:mad::mad:

Ringing round the shelters and pounds was heartbreaking. ALL are full to the brim with unwanted pets. One shelter told me they had 168 cats they cannot re-home!:eek:. Another told me they had about 200! :eek::eek:But fair play to them. They all did their very best to help, so a big thanks to them for all they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭spookwoman

I don't know why my post was removed. I just said to contact a group in dublin they may know someone in the cork area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

spookwoman wrote: »
    I don't know why my post was removed. I just said to contact a group in dublin they may know someone in the cork area.

Recommendations of rescues are not permitted as there is no way to verify their legitimacy, there have been problems in the past arising from this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement