Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

R639 - Speed limit on the Fermoy to Cork road

Options
  • 04-10-2011 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

does anyone know when the speed limit on the old fermoy to cork road is to be changed to 100km accoarding to the media it was to happen on sep26 today i rang local garda but they didnt know
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 louisejj

It was the 26th sept the speed limit was to change but the signs were not put up till 20th October. if you have a speeding ticket as i have, it can be challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Has the entire stretch of the R639 in County Cork been put up to 100kph ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭AugustusMinimus

Drove Watergrasshill to Fermoy this morning and can confirm it is now 100kph. Man actually putting up signs in the pouring rain.

Cant confirm Glanmire to Watergrasshill or Fermoy to Mitchelstown.

I suspect Fermoy to Mitchelstown will be kept at 80kph as that stretch of road has a very bad history of crashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Drove Watergrasshill to Fermoy this morning and can confirm it is now 100kph. Man actually putting up signs in the pouring rain.

Cant confirm Glanmire to Watergrasshill or Fermoy to Mitchelstown.

I suspect Fermoy to Mitchelstown will be kept at 80kph as that stretch of road has a very bad history of crashes.

It has but it is a decent quality road at the same time, the volume of traffic was just too high for it before the M8 opened a few years back. Hard to believe now it was the main Dublin-Cork road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

Thats good news, About time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,725 ✭✭✭charlemont

I drove it last night but was rather surprised to see how long the 60Km zones are so I reckon people should still keep an eye out for the van.

Advertisement