Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Username and password for to change modem settings

Options
  • 04-10-2011 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hi,

Newbie here. I am trying to change the settings on my Netopia 3347WG modem but after typing 192.168.1.254 into the address bar, I get a pop-up box asking for my username and password. On the Eircom website, it says the username is eircom and the password is broadband1, but it's not working for me.

I rang the customer support and was told that the username was eircom@eircom.net with the same password as stated above, but still can't get into my modem.

Anyone got a solution for this?

Thanks in advance,
    RogieBear

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thought it was broadband1 and broadband1?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

RogieBear wrote: »
    Hi,

Newbie here. I am trying to change the settings on my 3347WG modem but after typing 192.168.1.254 into the address bar, I get a pop-up box asking for my username and password. On the Eircom website, it says the username is eircom and the password is broadband1, but it's not working for me.

I rang the customer support and was told that the username was eircom@eircom.net with the same password as stated above, but still can't get into my modem.

Hi RogieBear

Corect settings are as follows,hope this helps. Tony

Primary DNS:
    Secondary DNS:
    Incoming Mail Server:
    webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing Mail Server:
    mail1.eircom.net
    Mail Server Type:
    POP3
    Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Webspace FTP Server:
    homepage.eircom.net
    FTP Server Port:
    Default Web Folder:
    public_html
    Default Web Page:
    index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RogieBear

Hi,

Newbie here. I am trying to change the settings on my 3347WG modem but after typing 192.168.1.254 into the address bar, I get a pop-up box asking for my username and password. On the Eircom website, it says the username is eircom and the password is broadband1, but it's not working for me.

Hi RogieBear

Corect settings are as follows,hope this helps. Tony

Primary DNS:
    Secondary DNS:
    Incoming Mail Server:
    webmail.eircom.net
    Outgoing Mail Server:
    mail1.eircom.net
    Mail Server Type:
    POP3
    Basic Modem Config:
    Username: eircom@eircom.net
    Password: broadband1
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplexing: LLC Based
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    Webspace FTP Server:
    homepage.eircom.net
    FTP Server Port:
    Default Web Folder:
    public_html
    Default Web Page:
    index.html

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply and thanks for posting the correct settings, but the problem is that I can't get access to the modem in order to change the settings! I have tried the username and password that you suggested but still no access. After three failed attempts I get a failed logon screen which says "You have entered an invalid username/password. The router is protected. You need Admin privileges to access this page. Please try again." I also tried Soarer's suggestion but still nothing.

Thanks,
    RogieBear.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your reply and thanks for posting the correct settings, but the problem is that I can't get access to the modem in order to change the settings! I have tried the username and password that you suggested but still no access. After three failed attempts I get a failed logon screen which says "You have entered an invalid username/password. The router is protected. You need Admin privileges to access this page. Please try again." I also tried Soarer's suggestion but still nothing.

Thanks,
    RogieBear.
    Have asked advice on this RogieBear and will be back to you soon.
    Tony

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

could be worth trying

Username : admin
    Password : admin

or

Username : admin
    Password : password

• Advertisement

Hi,

Newbie here. I am trying to change the settings on my Netopia 3347WG modem but after typing 192.168.1.254 into the address bar, I get a pop-up box asking for my username and password. On the Eircom website, it says the username is eircom and the password is broadband1, but it's not working for me.

Hi RogieBear
    thanks Tiesto..

Yes can you try

user: “admin” & no password
    If doesnt work, try “admin” / “admin”
    If still doesn’t work, have you put password on there yourself at any time???.

You can also try reseting the modem 5x times, but this does not always work I'm afraid.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭RogieBear

Hi,

Hi RogieBear
    thanks Tiesto..

Yes can you try

user: “admin” & no password
    If doesnt work, try “admin” / “admin”
    If still doesn’t work, have you put password on there yourself at any time???.

You can also try reseting the modem 5x times, but this does not always work I'm afraid.
    Tony

I tried both Tiesto's and your suggestions for the username and password and there was still no luck. However, I reset the modem 5x times and now I can access the modem without the username and password screen blocking it! :)

Thanks to everyone for their help with this.

Regards,
    RogieBear.

Advertisement