Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

omg omg omg remote access to the student share

• 04-10-2011 7:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Check ur mailz!

I can now download all the course notes to my pc at home, without having to waste time finding and using the slow crappy comps on campus :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Xios

hmmm, maybe i should've used the system first, it ain't working correctly.

Haha! Yeah I noticed that earlier. When I tried it, it says
    You do not have permissions to view this folder or page.

They said they done testing on it before the release it. Seems they should have done some more testing...

I also get the " Checking for device compliance..." screen for ages!! Normally removing all the crap after the ".ie/" gets the logon screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

"You do not have permissions to view this folder or page."

.....maybe it only works when you're in college....logged in from a college PC? :P:pac:

"Students must not attempt to access the portal if they have material on the computer that has not been backed up to remote storage"

I don't understand this statement. Matierial on which computer? The college computer? MY computer? :rolleyes:

It doesn't inspire confidence anyway. It'd be nice if they got it to work though.

KonFusion wrote: »
    "Students must not attempt to access the portal if they have material on the computer that has not been backed up to remote storage"

I don't understand this statement. Matierial on which computer? The college computer? MY computer? :rolleyes:

It doesn't inspire confidence anyway. It'd be nice if they got it to work though.
    I think that is just a way of saying "If you computers fcuks up while using this service, it's your own fault!!".

Yeah would be handy if they get it working.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Gerb68

KonFusion wrote: »
    "You do not have permissions to view this folder or page."

.....maybe it only works when you're in college....logged in from a college PC?

You cant log on from a college PC because on college computers you do not have user permission to install the addon.

• Advertisement

You cant log on from a college PC because on college computers you do not have user permission to install the addon.

I mean't it as a joke :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭donfarrell

whats the portal link? :P

Portal link??? What do you mean?

All that came to mind was :
    zelda-portal.jpg

:pac:

Check thine email people!

Yeah got it working.

I was putting campus\ before username.

Bit annoying that it only works (ie can download file) only in IE!

But that's M$ for ye.

• Advertisement
Advertisement