Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David O'Doherty - Whelans - Oct 11th Plus December Dates.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Only seen it now and its sold out :mad::mad::mad::mad: Suppose seeing him in Newbridge next month will make up for it:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Ah crap. I bought tickets for him in Dun Laoghaire. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Thanks OP, never seen him live but heard good things. Can't really go wrong for a fiver anyway!
    Only seen it now and its sold out Suppose seeing him in Newbridge next month will make up for it

You sure? just tried buying one there out of curiosity and it let me get to the payment stage.

I tried it there again and got
    Sorry, the event you were looking for is not available online. You may still be able to purchase tickets through the venue box office. Please contact the box office directly for more information.

Click here to return to the previous page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

It's definitely saying sold out on the Whelans site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

Shame, was thinking of going to this, not seen him in ages.

How does Whelans work for comedy, do they have seats in or is it standing? Standing comedy is awful.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

The 11th is a tuesday, is the gig on on monday or the tuesday?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Mickolution

It's on the Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭mrmorgan

is this fella good?

ah i know the chap. had an rte show a few years back

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

DAMN SOLD OUT! Although hardly suprising

I'd come from the UK for this one

• Advertisement

Dec 16th, 17th & 18th + Matinee Sat 17th Dec.

David O’Doherty is the stage name of David O’Doherty: comedian, writer and 1990 East Leinster under 14s triple jump bronze medallist. In receiving The if.com Award (formerly The Perrier Award) at the 2008 Edinburgh Festival, he joined a list of former winners that includes Dylan Moran, Steve Coogan and The League of Gentlemen. He is the author of several books, including co-writing the recent bestselling 100 Facts About Pandas and the forthcoming 100 Facts About Sharks.
    David first stepped on stage in 1998 and a year later received The Channel 4 ‘So You Think You’re Funny’ Award for best newcomer at the Edinburgh Festival. Since that time he has toured his own solo shows around the world and performed alongside comedians such as Demetri Martin, Rich Hall and Flight of the Conchords. He has also hosted the BBC’s Nevermind The Buzzcocks.

TICKETS:
    €15 + booking fee available online from WAV Tickets or Lo-Call 1890 200 078

http://www.davidodoherty.com/
    http://www.facebook.com/actualdavidodoherty
    Whelan's, 25 Wexford St.
    Doors: 8pm
    Tickets: €15 + fees

I presume the Dec dates wont be recorded for the cd

I presume the Dec dates wont be recorded for the cd

nope that's the show next week as far as i know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

Anyone know if the Saturday afternoon show is also for kids, like last year? Would like to bring my nephew if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Anyone know if the Saturday afternoon show is also for kids, like last year? Would like to bring my nephew if so.

When you say kids what age are we talking about here, under 10's or much older?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

When you say kids what age are we talking about here, under 10's or much older?

Well he's 12, and last year the matinee was advertised as being suitable for kids of 12 and over.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭ridonkulous

bogmanfan wrote: »
    Well he's 12, and last year the matinee was advertised as being suitable for kids of 12 and over.

Thanks for the info. My nephew might still be a bit young so.

Advertisement