Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forza 4 Demo

Options
  • 04-10-2011 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭

So, anyone playing it.?.

Nice distraction from GOW3... looks and sounds great, very enjoyable to play. Wish you could turn the music off in the demo...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭-=al=-

yup love it, got it yesterday... loved forza 3 and it seems to run a little faster and pretty smooth in the demo at least

forza 3 was the only game I've ever finished 100%!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Picking up a review copy prob tomorrow, gonna give it to my mate who is obsessed with the game.... (I have no interest in it whatsover!)

:D

I did download the demo though, so I may put Kinect through its paces before I give it to him!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I was playing forza 3 today in preparation for 4 and I downloaded the Demo.
    The music wrecked my head and was annoyed I couldn't turn it off.
    It's very smooth and the assists are better than 4, as in with full assists the game is easier IMO. seems more forgiving. But I didn't try it with stuff turned off.
    Goregous looking cars - it made me want the scooby straight away :).
    Good sound too
    The track I did the race on in Demo was pretty savage looking, I spent a good bit of time looking at the scenery as I got so far ahead :p

aw man gota take all the assists off, abs off and everything simulation!

and use the in-car view... hardcore shizzle over here!

don't mind manual gears either but can go either way on that.. manual w/clutch is taking the piss though

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Yeah I know - was just giving it a quick spin yesterday, gonna play it bit more today :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

With everything off and an auto box I find it's till fairly easy. Finished first on my first race with the hardest AI setting. Wonder if the full game will be harder.. The handling feels spot on, it's not too arcade like and not to sim like. Right in the middle.. Can't wait for the full game..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I loved it, I turned all the assists off and went straight in thinking Forza 3 handling, how wrong I was. The car really moves about and reacts to the road with steering. It's not so easy to correct the car now, a few times I found myself over steering to stop the back of the car from stepping out and nearly driving into the side walls.

Love the sounds of the M5, sounds really angry. Really happy I pre-ordered my LE version now, a good step up from 3 instead of more of the same.

The car handling in this is way better than GT5 in which the cars feel glued to the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Yep, there's nothing better than power sliding around a corner and missing..

Anyone playing the VS mode? Add me so you can woop my times! GT: unklerosco

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭(F.L.) Anders

Quick tip lads- If you play music from your dashboard before launching the demo (cd/usb stick/HDD etc.) you can over ride the in game music and then pause it for the full engine noise only experience! ;)

i don't hear any annoying with the music, just some of that kinda distant ambient forza music they have goin on!

almost a week till its releaseeee

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

It's not often i play a demo more than 2 or 3 times, flat out playing this! Can't wait for next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's getting good reviews so far but the Kinect head tracking is not up to scratch like Track IR on the PC. The car exploring is better with the controller than with Kinect option. The only thing good Kinect wise is the voice menue navigation, which is nice.

Still going to pick this up. And if you import a Forza 3 save file, you get some bonus cash at the start and a car or two I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Is the demo 2 player?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Is the demo 2 player?
    Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

thinkin of getting xbox just for this..

Advertisement