Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any current students in MSc in Occupational Therapy willing to answer some questions?

Options
  • 04-10-2011 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all, I'm considering applying for the MSc in Occupational Therapy next year and am finding it very hard to find information on the course itself such as: Timetable - are the classes all day every day?
    Work placement/practice - how many hours must be completed and is this in lieu of class hours or on your own time? Are only specific placements accepted and does location in Ireland matter?
    As I would have a fairly lengthy commute each day to UL if by the grace of god I was accepted onto the course, the answers to the above are key in helping me make my decision so if anyone is currently in Y1 or Y2 of this course I would really appreciate your time and advice on the above.
    Thanks in advance,
    Bernie S

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭louloubella

Bernie. I am in Y1 and am yet to do a placement.
    The classes run everyday- most classes are three hour blocks. It is 25 or so hours per week, but yes it is Mon-Friday. As for the placements you list the areas you have accomodation and which suit you . Work placements are Mon-FrI also. There are fewer and fewer OTs in the country so we have been advised to take what we get within reason!
    This year our 1st placement is Nov 21st- Dec 16th 2011
    2nd placement is May- July 2012
    If you contact the department Head ( look it up online) they would answer your questions too.

Let me know if you have any other questions- you have to apply!
    They took 34 people this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bernie_S

Hi Louloubella,
    Many thanks for the reply, that's good to know the placements are Monday to Friday too. I'm very nervous about my application as I dont have any previous experience or education i health care at all, only a bit of personal experience. Any tips you could give me on that would be greatly appreciated! I hope you are enjoying the course so far!
    Thanks again,
    Bernie

Advertisement