Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Competitive Play

Options
  • 04-10-2011 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

Hey,
    I've been playing the beta for the last few days and for the most part I love it. Now from what I've heard the game is going to be played competitively and I'd love to start into it. The only problem is I've never really played BF2 competitively (1 game) and have no idea what its like (8v8?)

If there's anyone in the know that could fill me in etc. that would be cool! I've got a decent grasp of competitive gaming on a whole so I'm sure I'd be a fast learner.

Also opinions on BF3 gameplay for competition?

cheers!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I'd wait and see, was going to be the same for BC2 but it turned into a nightmare and it all stopped.

Good few of us used to play pre-BF2 even, and it was a lot of fun, especially the days when 10v10 was the norm. Things went downhill with BF2 and match sizes moved to 8v8 and 5v5 for infantry.

Wasn't much of an Irish scene back then unfortunately but we didn't do too badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭TheFairy

Comp scene all hinges on admin tools and how the community does things. Ideally comp matches would be played with no unlocks at all, this is how it was done in BF2. Then a simple set of rules can be drawn up, simple for everyone. You wont know how the scene will develop until a couple of weeks after the game releases. Few of us on here have played most of the BF games in ladders etc. Would love to see it happen again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Br4tPr1nc3

i cant wait and hope for a competetive scene to open up.
    i think it makes the game more interesting.

Advertisement