Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mains Humming on New Speakers

Options
  • 04-10-2011 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

I've posted this over in the Computer Forum but thought it worth seeking views here. Is it right to say the prob in in the coil in the speaker and nothing to do with the mains connection at all, just mains related.

I having been using my laptop with a cheap set of Tesco speakers with no humming and as quality of sound was dire I bought a new pair of speakers.

Both sets are mains powered.

Anyway the new speakers have a constant hum. The hum is there all the time regardless whether the volume on the speakers is turned up full or not.

It is also there when the speakers are only connected to the mains and not the laptop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,579 ✭✭✭Tow

The new speakers are also 'crap'.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

Advertisement