Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL lagging alot lately, anyone else?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

jojo86 wrote: »
    UGH!! Eircom!!! In February, eircom were called about a problem that was there since January... Speeds shocking, kept getting disconnected. Got a useless engineer out who knew S.F.A about anything. Got given one of the new routers which was shocking bad, the wifi on the new routers is brutal. So we went back to old router, the issue would be resolved for a few hours then back again disconnecting. Phone call after phone call, engineer after engineer finally mid march it stopped disconnecting. But the ping and speed is erratic and very unstable. Calling Eircom achieves nothing, the engineers don't know much and to be honest it's a joke. The quality of internet Eircom offer is terrible anyway, compared tot he quality offered in other countries. For 3mb to be considered good is a joke... NGB will only come to certain areas and is taking a lifetime to get there. If you live int he country just accept there will never be decent internet. It's absolutely shocking- hardly surprised Eircom are in trouble-they owned by Singapore telecom anyway so don't believe they Irish...useless

Hi jojo86,

Thanks for your post. If I can advise you on your broadband setup let me know, or DM with your phone number.

Best wishes,
    Ant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

1909279245.png

1909273165.png

There is taken from 4pm on a Sunday, things are getting worse, now my download speeds are being affected, paying for 7Mb. Can't stream even a youtube video on 240p without stutter, sport streams etc are a no go. Not acceptable

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Meglamonia

My router has been lagging the last week,it's absolutely disgraceful.Engineer came on Wednesday gave me a new modem and didn't have a clue in the first place.Still the same problem dsl light flashing sometimes WIFI awful.The customer service is appalling they don't know their arse from their elbow and are ignorant.

Who's the best alternative lads?Vodafone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Meglamonia wrote: »
    My router has been lagging the last week,it's absolutely disgraceful.Engineer came on Wednesday gave me a new modem and didn't have a clue in the first place.Still the same problem dsl light flashing sometimes WIFI awful.The customer service is appalling they don't know their arse from their elbow and are ignorant.

Who's the best alternative lads?Vodafone?

Hi Meglamonia,

Thanks for posting on the eircom Forum.

If you PM your phone number, I can check on the status of your logged fault with Broadband Support.

Best wishes,
    Ant

Left a complaint to comreg and in the process of reporting a major fault on the line. Not much more I can do http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMRgfnjRLTs

• Advertisement

New record for the latency, hurray

35iyi43.png

Advertisement