Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best shop for newborns

• 04-10-2011 8:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭

Hi there,

My mam is 8 months pregnant with a little girl :) (I'm 19 btw, gonna be a big change :p)

Money is tight at home and I was thinking of getting her a voucher with my savings... I was thinking for about €300 for her to buy some things (breast pump, changing bag, clothes, blankets etc)

I was thinking Mothercare would be the best place to go, would ye agree?
    I don't want to give her money as she won't take it, but if I get her a voucher she'll have to take it :D

Thanks for your help
    Lisa

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

Hi there,

My mam is 8 months pregnant with a little girl :) (I'm 19 btw, gonna be a big change :p)

Money is tight at home and I was thinking of getting her a voucher with my savings... I was thinking for about €300 for her to buy some things (breast pump, changing bag, clothes, blankets etc)

I was thinking Mothercare would be the best place to go, would ye agree?
    I don't want to give her money as she won't take it, but if I get her a voucher she'll have to take it :D

Thanks for your help
    Lisa

Have a look on newborn section there is bargain thread think people bought breast pump for 20 in tesco normally 70. I find mothercare very dear. Penneys, dunnes, tesco have lovely clothes for half the price. Next and marks have lovely items as well. I think buying the stuff be nicer then giving voucher as you'll have more time and energy to hunt out the bargains

Hth

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Personally i find mother care expensive and the clothes arent great-for boys anyway.not sure bour girls. Its just a suggestion, but why not get your mam one of the top up credit cards. Its like a gift card, but can be spent everywhere that accecpts credit/laser cards. Then she is not tied down to one shop and can buy things where/when she needs them,especially if she sees a good deal(check out the thread at the top of this page 'infant and toddler bargains'-has lots of great deals people have seen in shops etc). Best of luck:) .
    P.s fair play to u for doing this for your mother. Especially if money is tight, you will be taking off some of the pressure. Really kind of you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

M&S have really lovely clothes for tiny babies, newborns and 0-3. They do gorgeous sets of a babygro, vest, hat and jacket for around €18.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭SarahC11

mothercare is good because she can buy the lot in one shop but i think it is such a rip off! maybe you could buy a voucher for a shopping centre or one for all, for clothes i love next (who doesn't!!) and pumpkin patch have the nicest baby clothes, can be pricey but good quality clothes that last, all the trousers i got have adjustable waist's ect!

Advertisement