Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

50 most influential people in education

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

How many are priests?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

or you could just read it..... :rolleyes: !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

It's interesting that they found room for "The Parents of Special Needs Children" but not the teachers of theses children.

Surely if the 50 most influential people list can include groups (along with the ASTI Executive) then surely it should include the actual teachers?

Or maybe the Parents? I know they have the head of the National Parents Association but what about the parents of all the other children?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

doc_17 wrote: »
    It's interesting that they found room for "The Parents of Special Needs Children" but not the teachers of theses children.

Surely if 50 most influential people list can include this group (along with the ASTI Executive) then surely iy should inclue the actual teachers?

Ah now sure, what would we know? We're only the cogs in the machine and have no influence whatsoever on people's lives and I'm sure all students know all 50 of the people in that article:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I dont understand why Google and Intel are so high. Do they have any kind of an actual say?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's a mad list Ted.

Nice there was room for the spouse of one of the compilers.

Where's the Minister for Finance? Remover of SNAs, cutter of budgets, fecker upper extraordinaire of programmes and courses through withdrawing funding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

And there is also room for one english teacher from a private school in Dublin. Wonder who he is friends with?

Surely the Project Maths Implementation body/head should have higher priority than that.

stupid list.....and i really liked Aine Kerr!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

What a load of s**t

Love the fact the expert from the Irish Times is included! Pity TEACHERS aren't no. 1 as the most influenctial aspect of education

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭Terri26

no 1? Teachers didn't even make the list. Niall MacMonagle is the author of an English poetry book

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

No wonder we are regarded as such a moaning profession when you see crap like this published. Unfortunately in the eyes of many we are simply a disposable product that are the smallest cog in the educational machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭chippers

doc_17 wrote: »
    And there is also room for one english teacher from a private school in Dublin. Wonder who he is friends with?

I know the said teacher and he will have little to know interest in being named on this list. He is not that sort of person. He is an outstanding teacher. His passion and enthusiasm for the subject of English is incredible. He characterises what an excellent teacher should be. I am in no doubt that those who have been taught by Niall or who have worked with him would agree.

Advertisement