Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is happening in the lab?

Options
  • 04-10-2011 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi,

Close to where I live, there is an art exhibition kind of thing called "The Lab" (Foley street, Dublin 1).
    Now since a few weeks something strange is going on, here's how it goes:
    Inside the building there is a huge white cube that you can see from outside. This cube has 4 holes in it on the James Joyce street side.
    Outside is a young girl hanging around all day, that talks to people walking by, and lures them into going inside with her.
    Before the approached people follow her inside, they have to turn a skipping rope, while at the same time other girls sing some sort of rhyme with little recognizable lyrics in it.
    When the rope skipping has finished, the person goes inside The Lab, where they look around the white cube.
    After this, they sit down on a chair in front of the window, facing the outside, with headphones on their head, seemingly listening to something that is told/sang to hem.
    When some time has passed, the little girl that lured them in tries to scare them by tapping on the window behind which they are sitting from the outside.
    Then the person on the chair puts off the headphones, put on his/her coat and just leaves.

This is all very confusing and as days pass, I get more and more curious about what could possibly be going on there.

Anyone got a clue?

Cheerz

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Why not drop in and see? Can't see anything on the website about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 etcpub

Well, it's not that easy unfortunately, it doesnt look like an open exhibition, they just grab random people from the street and drag them in... and so far I wasn't lucky :)

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭carolmon

It's a piece about Monto the old red light area of Dublin, it's part of the Theatre festival
    there's also a play on in the old Magdalen Laundry about the experiences of the women incarcerated there
    sounds really interesting, I might check it out

http://dublintheatrefestival.com/programme/display.asp?Eventid=610

Advertisement