Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Well let's be honest, the German nearly beat the British with their submarines alone in the second world war.... We couldnt get the LE Eithne out of a French port successfully in peace time..
    Wertz wrote: »
    ...or a ship full of garda.

Germans hogging poolside deckchairs is such a jaded stereotype.

A ship full of gay Garda ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

orourkeda wrote: »
    try be clearer next time

I wasnt insulting you. Its just I love Dara O'Briain. I think he is one of the funniest guys on TV. You think he is an arse. I was referring to that different opinion.

No offence meant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Wertz wrote: »
    ...or a ship full of garda.

Could you imagine if you got mugged on the boat..

"We know the lads that did it, we know what cabin they live.. but we cant do anything about it... they're from a bad side of the boat"

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

Did that last woman ringing in defending Royal Caribbean even listen to the original caller?
    They were barred from using the pool on several occasions when the bikers were holding their events, one of them a belly-flopping event.
    In other words, they were barred from using facilities they had PAID for. The caller and his party were the ones that were discriminated against.

But no, they're just snobby anti-biker racists. Of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

syklops wrote: »
    I wasnt insulting you. Its just I love Dara O'Briain. I think he is one of the funniest guys on TV. You think he is an arse. I was referring to that different opinion.

No offence meant.

Sorry

• Advertisement

orourkeda wrote: »
    Sorry

I love the brotherhood that exists here !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

my friend wrote: »
    A ship full of gay Garda ?
    gayparade.ap.jpg

Derek wants to know where he can book the cruise

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭Degringola

neris wrote: »
    whats joes fascination with libya? did he give iraq and afghanistan as much airtime in the past? mind you it does avoid the major domestic issues being discussed

And the slaughter and ongoing oppression of the Copts is passed over in silence by practically all the mainstream media.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joes on Matt Copper later talking bout his brother (why?) but of course he,ll be there to plug talk about his new buke with matt

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Interview with Joe coming up on The Last Word shortly.

• Advertisement

Joe on saying that he has to work hard to get stories that are of interest to the listeners... :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Did he listen back to the episode about the train set?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Indoctrinated into the establishment, little by little, by sheer length of service.

Come on Matt, it's not like pay wasn't an issue before the DG's announcement the other night...

Interesting about his brother...didn't know a lot about that...explains his anti drugs attitude I suppose (but doesn't excuse it)...can only assume it was cannabis that caused the initial problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Ahjaysisjoe

Wait, don't you listen to it every single day? And you're giving out about Joe Duffy...this doesn't make sense!

You want it both ways...you want to come across as cool by giving out about Duffy every day and yet still listen to it..Yawn.

helloo joe,hope the book signing goes well and the bank account gets fatter.
    Your worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Ahjaysisjoe

macroboy wrote: »
    i bought an apartment...how are you ..
    the pirite was infectious...how are you.
    im feeling blue..

i live in a hotel ....how are you..
    the breakfast was sh1t..how are you..

im sniffing glue..

how are you ...

have you got even a shoe ...

no ..

have you?????:D:D:D:D

Micheal d higgins,recite this one on radio and you have my vote and thousands others.

okay ye owe me big time for this... :D

This is the section of Duffy appearing on TV3's Midweek that relates to his wages and Liveline..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

This is the section of Duffy appearing on TV3's Midweek that relates to his wages and Liveline..

Thanks for that! I'm now frantically googling David McSavage and the dwarf!! :D

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/1021/1224306217737.html

wah wah wah !

Imagine being on the receiving end of a 30% paycut and still taking home €286,222.00 !

wah wah wah !

sudzs wrote: »

Hey Sudzs, watch out for that one at a future table quiz....
    What RTE radio presenter said "Somebody hired a dwarf and flew him in from the UK to perform a sexual act on my character... One, I didnt think it was funny... Two, I thought it was tasteless and .... Three, I thought it was insulting to the people who are paying David McSavage and the dwarf's fee to fly him in" ?

Very Alan Partridge.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

3 pay fee cuts in 3 years, how is that man surviving, i bet when he looks in that mirror saying the 2 words libel and entertainment, and how he has to keep the show interesting. he says well joey theres potential there for 1 outta 3 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Joe sounds like a politician in that interview. use of stock phrases such as "lets be clear about this" and explicitly referring to his wages as "fees". You'd swear he was performing some death defying feat everyday by the way he describes the "rollercoaster" that is liveline. Joe is such a sweaty,bitter hypocrite with serious delusions about himself.
    Apart from all that though I burst out laughing when he started talking about the McSavage stuff. Hilarious:D:D
    Thanks for that Jon, nice one!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Joe sounds like a politician in that interview. use of stock phrases such as "lets be clear about this" and explicitly referring to his wages as "fees". You'd swear he was performing some death defying feat everyday by the way he describes the "rollercoaster" that is liveline. Joe is such a sweaty,bitter hypocrite with serious delusions about himself.
    Apart from all that though I burst out laughing when he started talking about the McSavage stuff. Hilarious:D:D
    Thanks for that Jon, nice one!

To think, nobody is safe from a slagging on funny friday. Then he has the stomes to complain whe he is on the receiving end. I dont particularly like mcsavage much myself but I hope he crucifies Duffy next time out

Listening now:

"No music"

I beg to differ.

"Pat didn't defraud anyone"

Well thats ok then :rolleyes.

Cloud cuckoo land.

Edit:
    "Loreal :Are you worth it"

fu*kin hell he cant even get that right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Fujitsu10

sudzs wrote: »

Here sudzs
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB3JUKxaOCI

Joe's description of his program Liveline effectively subsidising The Savage Eye is ridiculous.. I was only waiting for him to say:

"David McSavage, I pay your wages.... (and the dwarf's)"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Todays menu:
    (subject to change / whim)

1: Libby-yeah...GaDuffy...

2: Man who had €80k's worth of gear stolen...knows where it is...Gardai afraid to go to Travellers' site to retrive it....(shock, horror!)

3: ...and if we have time, the road safety ad that starts in a bowling alley with joint smoking... Joe already got in a "bowled over" pun.

(joint smoking....hmmm, so it's Priory Hall again I guess :p )

Joe's description of his program Liveline effectively subsidising The Savage Eye is ridiculous.. I was only waiting for him to say:

"David McSavage, I pay your wages.... (and the dwarf's)"

and may I remind Joe, that my License Fee subsidises his 'FEES'

Radio 1 draws on the License Fee

RTE facilitated Joe's career path

RTE is funded via License Fee

remember peeps €286,222.00 = Recession in the duFFy household. Hard Times indeed.

Remember kids, dont buy drugs.. Become a TV/Radio presenter and they give you them for free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

my friend wrote: »
    remember peeps €286,222.00 = Recession in the duFFy household. Hard Times indeed.

the man took 3 pay sorry fee cuts, i dont know what more ye people expect from the great man ;)

expect the whineline to be fielding 'live' calls from the Four Goldmines today...

Priority Haul

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Re the Duffy interview above, I though RTE instigated a delay after the Martin Culllen/Monica Leech debacle.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement