Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

bowling alleys and smoking, the signs of a decaying society.

WestSideStory-719201.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Ahjaysisjoe

Went i went bowling...i never wasnt high on some drug.

acid is the funniest,the balls are soooooooo heavy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I was always under the impression that Joe was a tacit supporter of Norris's election campaign. For instance, on the day of the Liveline poll when they wanted people to ring up to campaign for a particular candidate, Norris's supporter was handpicked by the Liveline team.
    I find it hard to believe that Duffy would allow himself to be complicit in ruining any chance that Norris has at this late stage, although Norris himself has been doing a pretty good job at that for the past few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

CSI Joe! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭dav3

Free advertisement for his bowling alley, great stuff. Come on Joe, cut out this s***e and get to the tape early.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

This is quite possibly the most random, rubbish topic ever discussed on Live Lahnnnnn, including the patrionising of those with special needs bowling ffs, well done, god bless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jaysoose wrote: »
    I said it COULD have been doctored in the months she was looking for it..big difference, i personally dont see how it can be seen as credible.

Yeah, there was always the possibility that Norris supporters would say the tape was doctored.. This is why I suggested previously that the only way to sort this out is to get David Norris, Helen Lucey Burke and John Waters in the same studio, and find out who is telling the truth... Either Norris agreed to the article or he didnt, and instead of hiding behind his stock phrases relating to the issue.... i.e. "I was taken out of context" and "well, I asked for that to be corrected" ... Norris needs to clarify exactly WHAT did he mean to say in that article..

But Norris never seemed to want to deal with this issue.. he just buried his head in the sand...

big_lebowski_2.jpg...joe ..just relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Its nice to be able to shoot up in comfort

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i need a bag of weed to listen to joe every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Well I have a feeling that the tape would have been left "unfound" if it did not substantiate Helen Lucey Burke's point of view.. tbh, I wasnt sure who to believe until John Waters came out and completely backed up Helen Lucey Burke's side of the story the next Sunday..

Need any nails so? :D

I like my eggs fertilised

I think Joe Duffy fancies Libya

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Mmmmm, eggs.... :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Fertilised......

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I hate that bleedin Standard Life ad:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

orourkeda wrote: »
    Why introduce hypotheticals?

If its false RTE will or should be sued.

Why not introduce hypotheticals?

It could have been edited to simply change the context of the answers etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

F*ck off missus

• Advertisement

I hate that bleedin Standard Life ad:mad:

Just wait we still have Mona and f**king red cow christmas show to come

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I wouldnt place a dog in the care of the HSE.

you never gave them food..you gave them your scorn ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

i dont see any point to the norris tape, i feel people have already made their mind up on norris already. he's not going to win the election and never was, whatever chance he had dissapeared the night of the vincent browne debate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I was always under the impression that Joe was a tacit supporter of Norris's election campaign. For instance, on the day of the Liveline poll when they wanted people to ring up to campaign for a particular candidate, Norris's supporter was handpicked by the Liveline team.
    I find it hard to believe that Duffy would allow himself to be complicit in ruining any chance that Norris has at this late stage, although Norris himself has been doing a pretty good job at that for the past few weeks.

Oh he was, when Norris was topping the polls...now that he's been put down and had several things go against him, Liveline is jumping on the bandwagon.

As for the RSA ad...it's quite obvious why they chose a bowling alley...they wanted to illustrate their nonsense about cannabis effecting motor function (without the inclusion of alcohol) and the logical progression to driving. FWIW to those that don't know...motor functions are not effected even slightly by large amounts of cannabis in my experience...elvels of concentration may be, but if anything it slows people down and makes them more cautious whilst driving (not saying it's oaky to drive under it's influences)...it's nowhere near as dangerous as driving drunk or driving whilst over tired...

Jaysoose wrote: »
    Why not introduce hypotheticals?

It could have been edited to simply change the context of the answers etc.

If the tape has been doctored, David Norris can sue for defamation.

You do not and can not know for sure if it has been doctored rendering your argument futile.

this woman is on a serious amount of meds..

drop in centres for romanians????

wtf is she on about?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Better late than never for her. People around here were almost calling her a liar.

It took her five months to find the tapes and Joe is going to leave it till the last half hour of the week to broadcast them, thus allowing no time to discuss their content on air afterwards. I reckon the Sunday papers will be full of what we listen to in the next hour.

I'm not a supporter of Norris but I think this is manipulation of the lowest degree by Liveline.

He should have at least opened the programme with the tapes and allowed the last 3/4 hour for reaction instead of this bowling ally nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

orourkeda wrote: »
    I think Joe Duffy fancies Libya

It seems a bit funny that Joe is giving out about the footage of Gaddafi being shown on TV when he spent the first 20 minutes yesterday featuring callers who were revelling in his execution. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

big_lebowski_2.jpg...joe ..just relax

Yeah? well that's just ...like, your....opinion man...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement