Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Enda Murphy

I think he now needs his own thread,I think John is his name, He was on again today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

DuckStab wrote: »
    "Never read one of his posts Joe, but they were great."

You just reminded me of a bit of classic Liveline.. about people who smoke in cars with their kids..

Caller: "That woman has no right to tell me whether or not I should smoke in my car".
    Joe:"And DO you smoke in your car?"
    Caller: "I dont have a car, Joe"..

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Rocket_Man

Its not only Joe Duffy that he contacts. He used be a regular on Red FM when Charlie Wolf had a late night phone-in show.
    He also regularly phones up 103FM and its sister station 96FM here in Cork.
    He seems to have an opinion on everything and loves to share them with the rest of us.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Rocket_Man wrote: »
    He seems to have an opinion on everything and loves to share them with the rest of us.

Imagine being sat next to him on a flight to New Zealand. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

He'd fit in very well around these parts so...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

Duffy was on 96fm today with Neil Prenderville.

Didn't catch the context of the conversation but Prenders asked him about earning 408K a year.

Duffy said he earned "significantly" less than "half" that.

So to take the word significantly as it means, Joe is telling us he earns maybe 100-150k a year ?

Anyone got any recent stats on Duffys salary ? Cos I think he's full of ****.

Edit: In hindsight he may have said he earns "significantly" less than 408k. Maybe "half that" which would bring him to around 200k. I still call bull****.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Heckler wrote: »
    Duffy was on 96fm today with Neil Prenderville.

Didn't catch the context of the conversation but Prenders asked him about earning 408K a year.

Duffy said he earned "significantly" less than "half" that.

So to take the word significantly as it means, Joe is telling us he earns maybe 100-150k a year ?

Anyone got any recent stats on Duffys salary ? Cos I think he's full of ****.

Edit: In hindsight he may have said he earns "significantly" less than 408k. Maybe "half that" which would bring him to around 200k. I still call bull****.
    2 peas
    in a pod.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭liam7831

Its not only Joe Duffy that he contacts. He used be a regular on Red FM when Charlie Wolf had a late night phone-in show.
    He also regularly phones up 103FM and its sister station 96FM here in Cork.

Ya that donkey is on prevdivilles show with the last nine or ten years every few months..............

And why does he keep saying RIGHT

Apparently he had a 30% cut from Oct 1st which brings it to about 286K... then if you factor in maybe a 30% tax rate (conjecture on my part) that lands you at around 190K...so significantly less than half of 408K, yes.
    But we all pay tax and up until this month that was his pay level according to figures from various sources on google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭polakdot

Wertz wrote: »
    Apparently he had a 30% cut from Oct 1st which brings it to about 286K... then if you factor in maybe a 30% tax rate (conjecture on my part) that lands you at around 190K...so significantly less than half of 408K, yes.
    But we all pay tax and up until this month that was his pay level according to figures from various sources on google.

I think it must be remembered,Joe Duffy has no actual talent.

196,000 for a talentless man is a waste ,if nothing else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Heckler wrote: »

earn 1 (ûrn)
    tr.v. earned, earn·ing, earns 1. To gain especially for the performance of service, labor, or work: earned money by mowing lawns.
    2. To acquire or deserve as a result of effort or action: She earned a reputation as a hard worker.
    3. To yield as return or profit: a savings account that earns interest on deposited funds.

Joe is technically correct, he doesn't earn anything near that amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Heckler

liam7831 wrote: »
    Ya that donkey is on prevdivilles show with the last nine or ten years every few months..............

And why does he keep saying RIGHT

Every few months ? A week doesn't go by without me hearing John on either the Duffy show or Prendeville. Also heard him on the Colm Hayes show. Here Joe Right. Here Neil Right. I think he said he was a taxi driver but by **** he spends half the day either on the radio or trying to get through.

Right. Right. ya pain in the ass John. Fecking expert opinion on everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,502 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

polakdot wrote: »
    I think it must be remembered,Joe Duffy has no actual talent.

196,000 for a talentless man is a waste ,if nothing else.

Agree.

What does he actually do?

If you actually listen to his show, his callers speak more than he does, so its not as if he is too stressed out at work. He's only on air for 1hr 15min, and he listens to callers more than speaking.

Where do you apply for jobs like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Damien O'Reilly is off his show for 2 weeks, usually means he is heading over to Liveline, which would suit Duffy as the week after next is mid term.

Looks like it might be a fortnight of .........THE OMEN!!!!

(actually that fits in well with Halloween too)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

bijapos wrote: »
    Damien O'Reilly is off his show for 2 weeks, usually means he is heading over to Liveline, which would suit Duffy as the week after next is mid term.

Looks like it might be a fortnight of .........THE OMEN!!!!

(actually that fits in well with Halloween too)

You really have to wonder about Ms. Radio director and her poor selections

the Omen = tune out radio

I recall PBH being quite good when hosting yet it was a once off, I also recall that Joe reappeared very quickly when it became apparent that PBH was proving popular and simultaneously dragging the whineline from the gutter that Joe likes to frequent at times..

if Joe wants to fart off don't inflict the omen on us.

In Joes absence kindly treat us to PBH or similar calibre.

NO MORE OMEN.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,052 ✭✭✭✭neris

Joe off again. Well for some to get such fantastic holidays and a nice big pay check

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Lapin wrote: »
    Imagine being sat next to him on a flight to New Zealand. :(

:eek:

I'd pull the fcuking communication cord over Dusseldorf or somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,856 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

People seem to have guessed that joe is off and damo is filling in. The new rte radio app is great for fortelling the future. I know this is off topic but Fiona looney is in for Colm Colm on 2fm. Marvellous.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,856 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Joe is back Wednesday according to the rte radio one schedule.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,914 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

Wonder will anyone mention HLB's tape played on last Friday's show?.

• Advertisement

I wonder what vital issues facing the nation will Damien be trying to juggle today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Constitutional referenda Damo.

Its a disgrace

It is very vague.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"We only got one piece of literature"

It's pretty self explanitory really from that leaflet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

So you get too much literature and you complain, and you don't get enough literature and you complain?

Right so.

jaysus...heavy weight topic for the damo.

Badly needs discussing though, especially given the projected polls.

Agree with this woman, but it's no mistake that this is going on the same day.
    She's also right about no literature... only campaign I've heard are those stupid radio ads which are dumbed down beyond belief.
    I'm distrubed that I'm agreeing with Michael McDowell and others on this...

So you get too much literature and you complain, and you don't get enough literature and you complain?

Right so.

If they had the referenda on a separate date they'd complain about the expense

Why do people not find these things out for themselves?

orourkeda wrote: »
    If they had the referenda on a separate date they'd complain about the expense

Yeah probably but can you really put a price on constitutional freedoms?

Country is far too small for this type of thing to work correctly here.

OMG she didn't know that the euro was a proposal in maastricht?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Woops, that's the first person to call Damo Joe... Anyone want to keep a tally?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement