Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Damo Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Wertz wrote: »
    Yeah probably but can you really put a price on constitutional freedoms?

Country is far too small for this type of thing to work correctly here.

OMG she didn't know that the euro was a proposal in maastricht?

I was 12 I think when that was ratified, and I knew that was a proposal...I don't think any amount of literature would help this woman...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Someone calling Damien, Joe; bingo!

Oh and in before "Sure if you've doen now wrong you've nothing to fear"...

"This is communism"

Jeebus H Cripes.

What will the outcome of a parliamentary inquiry be?

Will there be charges etc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,632 ✭✭✭Glebee

dulpit wrote: »
    Woops, that's the first person to call Damo Joe... Anyone want to keep a tally?

Thats twice shes called him Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Don't call Damien Joe.

There has been plenty of thought gone into it. It just hasnt been explained

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Bit pointless having civil rights if one small group of crooks can impoverish the nation and get away without ANY recourse..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,759 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

People who don't know there's 2 referendums on this week = ignorant people.

• Advertisement

They mightn't be the brightest or most informed but I agree with them.

we have a referendum commission for a reason...like a lot of other quangos they've failed in their duty of informing people in an impartial manner.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Woops, that's the first person to call Damo Joe... Anyone want to keep a tally?
    I nominate Dulpit

Bit pointless having civil rights if one small group of crooks can impoverish the nation and get away without ANY recourse..

These referenda wont make any difference to that.

They could be subjected to a criminal investigation if the evidence exists

People who don't know there's 2 referendums on this week = ignorant people.

Really? Lot of people out there that take little interest in politics, don't read papers or listen when they should or just don't undertsnad...but they're still citizens and the government and constituion is there to serve them not the other way around...

The bank scandal is being used to get public support for this...but this leaves the door open for any idiot getting voted in from now to year dot to open inquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭suzie987

Wertz wrote: »
    jaysus...heavy weight topic for the damo.

Badly needs discussing though, especially given the projected polls.

Agree with this woman, but it's no mistake that this is going on the same day.
    She's also right about no literature... only campaign I've heard are those stupid radio ads which are dumbed down beyond belief.
    I'm distrubed that I'm agreeing with Michael McDowell and others on this...

I agree r.e. the ads. The first time I saw one I knew they would throw in some STUPID 'punchline' at the end to make it 'funny'. How stupid do they think we are - that we need a serious topic presented with a punchline to keep our interest??? Really annoyed me!! :mad:

pc7 wrote: »
    I nominate Dulpit

Dulpit thanks the noble pc7 for the nomination but will have to graciously pass, at work so will not always be in a position to listen intently.

If it is done through the court system why arent the gardai doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭furiousox

"DO NOT CALL ME JOE!"

damien3.jpg

CPL 593H

But the enquiring committee decide what constitutes evidence to put to a judge for any search warrant.

If they decide your water meter is vital evidence, then the judge will be obliged to sign off on the warrant.
    This is far too open ended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I saw those ads for the referendum... We are voting for the right to get sprinkles on both ice cream cones, right?

• Advertisement

He's all but saying if you haven't done anything you have nothing to fear. Really do not like that logic.

Government shill is obvious government shill

Your man makes it sound so simple.

You're supposed to just walk into the high court

Shut up Miriam.

I'm slightly confused about this debate. Seems that one side are saying there's no enough information available, the second side is saying we should vote yes. But that's not the question, the question is has there been enough information provided, regardless of your opinion of the amendment, I feel there hasn't been.

C'mon Joe Damo, moderate this debate properly!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Anyone who hasn't taken the time to educate themselves on the referendums should stay the hell away from the polling stations on Thursday.

That includes these whinging women on Liveline.

There are many things we can blame the government for, but self inflicted ignorance isn't one of them.

Here we go with the banking thing again.

Committees of inquiry won't regain our economic soverignty.

Shatter is an awful control freak anyhow...you ony had to witness his coverage of the cement truck parking at the dail gates last year to see that.

Your man is shrieking. get off the phone

Lapin wrote: »
    Anyone who hasn't taken the time to educate themselves on the referendums should stay the hell away from the polling stations on Thursday.

I'd contest that anyone who is still ignorant, confused or unsure to vote No...same as I said to people about Lisbon 1.

The thing needs redrafted properly and the electorate need to be told the ins and outs clearly and unambiguously.

• Advertisement

"Speaking of wasting money....... Joe Duffy"

:pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement