Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

this is seriously not funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭polakdot

Canned laughter.

Duffy raping the canned laughter button.

All his friends went in the same car.

That was bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Pity McGuinness didnt win.. that would have stopped Joe's fake laughs..

• Advertisement

Iwould rather watch this 5000 times than listen to any more this sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

I think I'm having the opposite of an orgasm.

DuckStab wrote: »
    I think I'm having the opposite of an orgasm.

an msagro,pro;em-sag-ro....the feeling of being aurally raped by the radio..

No i cant .
    Maybe next week people .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭surferdudz

really ...do you think anyone finds this garbage funny....

self indulgant , tripe..

Thank God for extended news at 1

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Bailed out after the pis$poor Michael D attempt. From the comments of the hardy few who are sticking it out it seems like an even unfunnier friday than most - then again how could something like this get anything but worse.

Tuned into 4FM, bit of vigilante and "where's the Gardai" talk going on there, keep me going til Moncreiffs Movies and Booze slot.

Anyway. Have a good holiday weekend all.

....and fcuk funny friday.

God that was awful.. I dont like Moncreiff and always listen to Mooney so didnt see much point in changing the channel.. but that has to be one of the worst unFunny Fridays..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I found myself being forced to listen to it today. Words can't describe how bad it was. June Rodgers' "In Rialto" wasn't even funny the first time I heard it, so it definitely isn't funny after listening to it for the umpteenth time, thanks to her many appearances on Mooney and unFunny Friday. The final cap on it came when Mossy the Corkman told us the "Does your dog bite" joke and the false belly-aching laughter that came with it. That joke was first told when the pyramids were being built. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

joe316 wrote: »
    Do these lads actually get paid for this??

Not only do they get paid, they also get a free promotional advert for their upcoming gigs at the end of the show...Joe being managed by the same promotions company as the rest of them.
    One thing that really annoys me about this programme and RTÉ in general (this happens on the LLS too)
    I found myself being forced to listen to it today. Words can't describe how bad it was. June Rodgers' "In Rialto" wasn't even funny the first time I heard it, so it definitely isn't funny after listening to it for the umpteenth time, thanks to her many appearances on Mooney and unFunny Friday. The final cap on it came when Mossy the Corkman told us the "Does your dog bite" joke and the false belly-aching laughter that came with it. That joke was first told when the pyramids were being built. :rolleyes:

I too was an unwitting captive audience today (working in someone's house) and I can't really recall the last time I sat through a whole show...but it wasn't this bad.
    I remember remarking on the June Rodger's song (about Gay Mithcell I asume?) and that feckin' dog bite joke (seriously i used tell that one at school).
    This is such an indulgent waste of airtime, particularly given the day that was in it... the joke truly is on the listener in that regard.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

I follow Garry Shandling (A.k.a. Larry Sanders on Twitter). He just tweeted:

"Just exactly what time does it get FUNNY on FRIDAY? I don't want to miss it." :eek:

Can he have heard?? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I follow Garry Shandling (A.k.a. Larry Sanders on Twitter). He just tweeted:

"Just exactly what time does it get FUNNY on FRIDAY? I don't want to miss it." :eek:

Can he have heard?? :pac:

Even "Hey Now" Hank Kingsley is funnier than Joe and his cronies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

really sorry i missed yesterday's show now, sounds like i missed a cracker :D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

What's happening?? No Liveline?? Did the clocks change?? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

sudzs wrote: »
    What's happening?? No Liveline?? Did the clocks change?? :(

Bank holiday in Ireland, Sudz. And yes the clocks changed - it's 12.52 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Bank holiday in Ireland, Sudz. And yes the clocks changed - it's 12.52 :D

ah fek! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

They ran that quiz thing they do on bank holidays... Mildly entertaining 30 minutes of radio...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

dulpit wrote: »
    They ran that quiz thing they do on bank holidays... Mildly entertaining 30 minutes of radio...

Wasn't that just a repeat?

Corsendonk wrote: »

Not sure but it's absolute rubbish.. If this is the best RTE can do on a Bank Holiday, then they should just shut down for the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,764 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Corsendonk wrote: »

Don't think so, but it's the same formulaic thing each time...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Corsendonk

dulpit wrote: »
    Don't think so, but it's the same formulaic thing each time...

Guess if its new show RTE didn't read this thread.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056131482

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Will the few bob we are handing over to the starving bondholders get a mention today?

• Advertisement

Or the 3.6Billion that the Department Of Finance found under one of the cushions... They really are a bunch of incompetents fools..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement