Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

It's all louth monaghan meath today for some odd reason...apart from the Dublin woman with the fabilis child

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

WTF is this one wittering about? I'm totally confused Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Did her adoptive parents just find her somewhere and take her "Yup, ours now!"

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Beyond The Pale

The frame in your head???

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Was this the frame in her head Joe?

Gamma-Knife-Surgery-Process-Attach-Head-Frame.jpg

• Advertisement

An ad in the local paper would be far more productive than this, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Dublin_Mom

I can imagine a lot of this 'informal' type of adoption went on in the past, though probably not as recent as 1972...

"You have no dad" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Oh stop the bloody deep sighing Joe... you're not fooling anyone. :mad:

Wait, what? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Check The Joe Duffy forum on facebook for a little less censored version of this feisty forum... JUst sick of b eing banned by an overly moderate moderator and poison IV

Reported to Cmods. Banned for posting off topic, and abusing moderators of this forum.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

bbability wrote: »

Reported to Cmods. Banned for posting off topic, and abusing moderators of this forum.
    bbability think this was asked back near start of this thread can we have our unFunny Friday poll back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Guard bashing...

What the hell is this lad on about ... "all the hardship this will bring on their families".... They are criminals... And are not fit for the job....

They're lucky I wasnt on the jury.. I would have pushed for ten year sentences.. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Haha he deserved a beating hoho.

Some nice PR bite back on behalf of the Gardaí?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Just tuned in. Guards urinating??? Or did I completely mishear.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

Is this caller a Garda??????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

garda sticking up for garda shocker!!!

they honestly must think they are above the law..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

This fella had better put up an alternative punishment for the Guards, just having a rant about it helps nobody. They were sent down by a jury of their peers and they can appeal or take it on the chin.

The vast majority of Guards are fine upstanding people but its good for the force if thugs like these are weeded out, Waterford has an issue with a couple of rogue Gardai, these ones were caught, no excuses.

Do the crime and do the time.

This wasnt a case of the man rioting or attempting to cause physical harm to the guards... They picked him out and beat him up for no reason... This guy should read the facts of the story before coming on giving a blanket defence of them all..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Caller wants immunity for Gardaí from criminal behaviour?

Go away - great to see a few of them convicted and doing time. But they are not the only ones, some seriously bad apples operating in the Gardaí.

Intervene sure... kicking a lad on the ground for having a feckin' piss is over the top.
    That said, maybe there were previous encounters and the guy was no angel... but that's no excuse really.

Defending the indefensible.

What's his agenda here? That Gardai are above the law.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

What's with the Yaris bashing? "Not much bigger than something from Smiths Toy Store"

I had a Yaris and it was grand and comfortable... *shrug*

Yeah Joe and those guards in the Yaris have NOTHING to do with these other guards beating up a defenceless man and turning away the CCTV cameras to protect themselves from prosecution..

Aygo is the smallest toyota Joe... do try and keep up.

If the cops have problems with car size, use some of the large vehicles they seize daily for patrol work.

"It's the droogs Joe...gives them unnatural strength"

I came in at young girls are good and they're tussling with big men!

Must be a good livelaaaaahn today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It's lucky the guard got any time, wasn't it only recently that a guard didn't get jailed simply because he was a guard?

How qualified are juries??? LMAO

A jury is there to deliberate on evidence presented to them...

FFS

• Advertisement

So it's the jury's fault now... I'm just waiting for him to defend that other guard that was up in front the courts last week for stealing an old woman's pension.. He should lay his cards on the table, is he ex guard, ex garda union ??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement