Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

Pcm.jpg

"those are settling cracks..."

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

"He had pie, roight..." :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

No no someone dedicated made a Lahvline bingo chart in the other thread...it was a thing of beauty!

If I remember correctly it didn't include 'just saying to your researcher', which made it Null and Void :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

telekon wrote: »
    Question: Did any of this pyrite stuff get spotted by the engineers' reports? :confused:

Did people still purchase pyrite houses knowing that these buildings would have problems in the future? :confused:

If so, thats absolute madness...

I doubt anyone knowingly boutgh a house with such a vital defect. The problems don't arise for 5-10 yrs, depending on soil moisture, amount of filling contaminated etc.

Wertz wrote: »
    I doubt anyone knowingly boutgh a house with such a vital defect. The problems don't arise for 5-10 yrs, depending on soil moisture, amount of filling contaminated etc.

Oh, I was under the impression that that silvery shine off infected masonry and bricks was quite evident from the get go.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Skid wrote: »
    If I remember correctly it didn't include 'just saying to your researcher', which made it Null and Void :)

Pfff, nitpicking! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I actually feel really sorry for these people... I think it's only a matter of time before somebody loses the plot, picks up and axe and goes after one of these scumbags... These people should be entitled to their money back..

The whole practice of building dodgy houses, flogging them, and then declaring bankruptcy so that you are no longer responsible for them... is a serious loophole that needs to be sorted out..

Like, like, like, like ...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Why doesn't Joe get Tom Parlon on the line? The CIF share offices with Homebond who should be paying for this. Joe should be getting the mouthpiece of the construction industry to explain this. This pyrite thing is symptomatic of the corrupt Fianna Fail led project that has wrecked the country and the ironic thing is that most of these people probably voted for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

is he going for wureld record ?

like like LIKE like LIKE Like LIKe LiKE like like LIKE like LIKE Like LIKe LiKE like like LIKE like LIKE Like LIKe LiKE like like LIKE like LIKE Like LIKe LiKE

like like LIKE like LIKE Like LIKe LiKE like like LIKE like LIKE Like LIKe LiKE like like LIKE like LIKE Like LIKe LiKE like like LIKE like LIKE Like LIKe LiKE

• Advertisement

Oh, I was under the impression that that silvery shine off infected masonry and bricks was quite evident from the get go.

That's salt effloresence AFAIK, perfectly fine reaction to weathering if a little unsightly.
    Pyrite is a type of component of the rock, used as a bedding for the poured slab under the foundation... Superman would have a hard time seeing it before the cracks and shifting walls start to become apparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

I actually feel really sorry for these people... I think it's only a matter of time before somebody loses the plot, picks up and axe and goes after one of these scumbags... These people should be entitled to their money back..

The whole practice of building dodgy houses, flogging them, and then declaring bankruptcy so that you are no longer responsible for them... is a serious loophole that needs to be sorted out..

and the fact that Homebond washes their hands is another disgrace...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Has he gone live to Dale Farm?

scargill wrote: »
    is he going for wureld record ? ... like

hang on .. we have a challenger for the title.. :D

I thought she already lived in a caravan...:o

I hate all these makey uppy names they came up with for these cookie cutter estates.

I hate all these makey uppy names they came up with for these cookie cutter estates.

I reckon "Newcastle Woods" probably refers to an area of beautiful natural woodland.........

...........that was bulldozed to create another ghost estate.

Duffy can't wait to go to a break lol

I get the feeling this pyrite story is the tip of an iceberg and hopefully these people will get properly organised.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

byebye..byebye..byebye...

• Advertisement

I reckon "Newcastle Woods" probably refers to an area of beautiful natural woodland.........

...........that was bulldozed to create another ghost estate.

Or else the bulldozer digger was a magpies fan...

Some bargains eh? Wonder if Joe is bringing a pallet of bewks along...

"Looking for established Artists"

So why are you indulging yourself by getting a plug for your own 'art', Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Is "the" Auction taking place on Festive Funny-lookin' Fiver Friday?

Joe is stalling for time here. Rambling on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

So what your saying Joe is they don't want pieces of Sh*te that people like you consider Art!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

My favourite is anything with "Mews" in the placename of the estate. You can bet your life that there isn't a horse within 50 miles of the place. :D

Just saw the picture Joe contributed...

child_art.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

My favourite is anything with "Mews" in the placename of the estate. You can bet your life that there isn't a horse within 50 miles of the place. :D

You mean a horse with a saddle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭jetfiremuck

This is called closing ranks. Clown

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement