Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I do actually agree with this ex garda... the scum that walk away from a lot more serious assaults week in week out are far more deserving of jail time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

He has a point. Not alone have these guards lost their jobs, but down the line, how many young wans working in Centra and Spar Deli Counters have now lost their positions too as a direct result of this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Wertz wrote: »
    I do actually agree with this ex garda... the scum that walk away from a lot more serious assaults week in week out are far more deserving of jail time.

I agree that the scum get off too lightly, but It doesn't change my opinion on corrupt and criminal Gardaí one iota.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

this ex garda thinks us normal joe soaps wouldnt lose our jobs too in the same circumstance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Plenty other walks of life where you would lose your job. These guards feel immune from the law. The previous guard said that garda would be reluctant to get involved in altercations was a veiled threat. If guards aren't up to their job or are afraid to do it then they should leave it.
    Some of them are not up to it and there should be at least a fitness test required every year. Some guards I see around town are obese.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭Zwillinge

Say more bad words :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Fair enough what this shop owner says but if you apply to be in the guards; surely you know you will be dealing with scumbags?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Some guards I see around town are obese.
    During the Obama visit it was like the fat controller had been released! Every guard I seen looked liked they hadn't been out from behind their desk in 20 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

My favourite is anything with "Mews" in the placename of the estate. You can bet your life that there isn't a horse within 50 miles of the place. :D

i only wish there were no horses in my estate :rolleyes:

Sounds as if Joe likes 'Camarello' bars.

Just in case you want to send him one. :P

• Advertisement

Skid wrote: »
    I agree that the scum get off too lightly, but It doesn't change my opinion on corrupt and criminal Gardaí one iota.

Nor mine. But 12 months is perhpas disproportionate compared to other such actual harmful assaults.

Shopkeeper has a point... didn't we have him or one of his staff on in the past though? Guy across from Amiens St station?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Joe indulging in a spot of product placement there. I reckon he was watching The Apprentice last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Fair enough what this shop owner says but if you apply to be in the guards; surely you know you will be dealing with scumbags?

Ah that's no way to refer to the superintendents ;)

The problem is Ivy that many of them apply to the guards because it's seen as a safe and secure job. I agree with you though, what do they expect? I've seen guards deliberately avoid trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭A.Tomas

Why is Joe stringing him long?

HE KNOWS THE LAW IS BOLLOCKS IN THIS COUNTRY BY NOW!!!

He's just wasting time.

No prosecutions for petty crime though are the fault of the judiciary not the cops, to be fair...it has to be hard to do all that work bringing shoplifters to court to see them wandering out giving you the fingers... I wouldn't do it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Joe indulging in a spot of product placement there. I reckon he was watching The Apprentice last night.

Trying to get his head around TV3 tv shows so he can defect if RTE won't pay him enough for Live Lahnnnnnnnnnn

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wertz wrote: »
    Or else the bulldozer digger was a magpies fan...

I'd live there.

It's not voluntary work they are doing. Dealing with little scumbags is an occupational hazzard.This is what you sign up for when you join.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭A.Tomas

Has Joe contacted anybody in the judiciary about these disproportionate punishments?

Of course not, why would he?

• Advertisement

I'm going to have to watch this now...see how mammy was twisting the knife.
    She's a feckin' nobody and I can't for the life of me understand how people continually voted her in in times past.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

What are the odds that this wan will claim not to be a FF supporter...:rolleyes:

Dillie O'Wee....conscience. :eek:

First time I've heard that pairing in the same sentence.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

At least Hanafin put herself forward for the general election, unlike that coward Cowen :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Good time Charlie"

Sounds like a sex toy.

That_Guy wrote: »
    I'd live there.

You should make someone an offer...considering the ongoing structural problems, you'd probably get it for a song.

telekon wrote: »
    What are the odds that this wan will claim not to be a FF supporter...:rolleyes:

BINGO for you :D

telekon wrote: »

Bingo!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

"Texts from non FFers"

Non-FFers my ass.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

He inherited the problem.

How long was he Minister for Finance?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement