Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

It should be interesting to see what level of support the bank account fund gets, i.e. minimal,poor, fair enough, good, fantastic.
    I agree that Joe laid it on with a trowel, which from the responses here was counter productive. Has he ever done otherwise?
    I suppose that there is no way to describe in words the horror that was visited on that young woman by that animal without getting maudlin .
    Buying paintings is not everybody's cup of tea, which is why I wondered about the success or otherwise of the bank transfer donations.
    I presume we will never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Apanachi

Zwillinge wrote: »
    I love Aldi, one of the only shops that properly mark Gluten Free foods for coeliacs :D

Not in Germany...

They have feck all products here for coeliacs :(

If they can label their food properly in Ireland, it's beyond me whay they can't in Germany seeing as it is a German company...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

McAleese gush-athon today?

Or deliberations over huge cuts to capital expenditure...no more Metro north; that'll be right up Duffy's alley.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

Mink and the murder of innocent mink.

withless wrote: »
    Mink and the murder of innocent mink.

Seriously? After yesterday's wildlife theme?
    Mink eh? Russian immigrants running amok...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Wertz wrote: »
    McAleese gush-athon today?

If it is i'm going to newstalk

Could only be...

That luas line construction will cause chaos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

NIMBY NIMBY NIMBY

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Why are people so averse to progress?

Its a matter of planning these things properly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

What a toff

Muted

No-one is averse to progress but when it ruins your business, whose taxes and rates are being put toward it, they have a right to be annoyed.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What's heading down the track.... well love its not a f**king metro north now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It's completely crazy that there was no link between the Luas lines to begin with.

In every other European city (and not just the capitals) all the transport is linked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

His "Hello-a good afternoon-a, and youre all very welcome to da Liveline-a" sounds like a spoof at this stage. :D

Joe imatitating Joe? The end of the world is nigh :eek: grinding of teeth, pulling of hair and wailing. Must be quarter to two.

Cinderella of the transport system, can someone translate wtf that means?

Metro north will never be built. EVER

pc7 wrote: »

I was thinking that myself

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Ugly sister:confused:

It's completely crazy that there was no link between the Luas lines to begin with.

In every other European city (and not just the capitals) all the transport is linked.

Down to poor planning again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭noworries

They don't run past midnight, Bwaaaaaaah. Epic pun Joe, fair play, fair play!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

orourkeda wrote: »
    I was thinking that myself

lOL i done a double take on that aswell..WTF cinderella?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Wertz wrote: »
    Muted

No-one is averse to progress but when it ruins your business, whose taxes and rates are being put toward it, they have a right to be annoyed.

It might damage business temporarily but don't tell me that having a Luas dropping people off at Harcourt street has been bad for businesses there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

Yea, LET HIM SPEAK!!

Good man, put the cranky one in his place. :D

Or it disappears at midnight? I haven't a clue, wonder does Joe say things like that to wind us up, he's the ultimate troll!

Wasn't there some crazily random reason for that failure to have them linked in the first place? Like whoever was minister for transport didn't sign something or whatever.

lol that fella shut Duffy up there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Welcome back to Dublin Community Radio :rolleyes:

How come we never hear anything about the goings-on in cities like Cork, Limerick, Galway or Waterford???

It's cos the Dubs would probably switch off Joe. :mad:

It might damage business temporarily but don't tell me that having a Luas dropping people off at Harcourt street has been bad for businesses there.

Not at all (I have to presume, never used it myself) but in the meantime business suffers and the double barrelled woman there mightn't have a business by the time it's done... rate holiday or something for businesses affected?

It couldnt possibly have been a bad thing. Theres no doubt that it was a nuisance while under construction but the long term benfit must have been a boost

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

bus "service", with Dublin bus, the 2 words to go together...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement