Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭DuckStab

Won't somebody please think of the Dubs!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

The Luas is slower than the buses? I find that hard to believe, especially at peak time.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Luas v Dublin Bus ...

crash_i_389744t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

They are different size tracks

nice trolling there Joe:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The Luas is slower than the buses? I find that hard to believe, especially at peak time.

Yeah, your man is talking through his luas alright on that one.

• Advertisement

Love Joe's argument "What's wrong with walking from Abbey Street to Stephen's Green".

Easy knowing he doesn't have a long commute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

my friend wrote: »
    Luas v Dublin Bus ...

crash_i_389744t.jpg

That Luas was quicker than the bus ;)

Oh here come the north dubs bitching about MN line

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Travelator Joe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

Oh christ a guy that lives in swords wants the metro north so its handier for him and he doesnt have to get the bus with the OIKS..

Duuuublinn Ffff-Mmmmmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Noelle Campbell Sharpe was lobbying for compo the last time there was Luas works. I think she has since left Dublin anyway.
    Muted!:D
    I do think it's a daft idea right now as I'm not sure there is a huge benefit to accrue; however the lines should have been linked in the first place.
    Let's see how many times Joe mentions Wynne's hotel. He loves those old place names. You'd swear he was in his eighties not his fifties. I'd be surprised if he doesn't lament the Metropole!:rolleyes:
    Ring-ring-a rosy Joe! It's a disgrace Joe!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I like the luas, but it is quite slow compared to other tram services I have used in other cities.

From abbey street to the square tallaght it takes about 40 minutes. Versus about 20 by car, and by extension a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

He loves Dublin city Centre?? Dear god... enjoy...

104366572_aa7708d36d.jpg

The cigar shop Joe.

I do love it I do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Duffy Pet Whinge Time - I remember him complaining about the Luas interchange five years ago. This man should not be allowed to dictate the agenda of a supposed caller driven programme as he does.

...and that's with the Dutch doing it. We'd probably take 26 yrs and the associated cost overruns.

Personally I like Duffy's travelator idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Spudmonkey

We should build the metro North so this fella can get into town.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

cheers u B####X....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCRvb4LYQVxGsNih6mFLGWnmbZimdbMdQquFVruY9uKvA0UUIq6X06lFA

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

The luas is used as a bum delivery system, druggie bums bunk on at abbey street and do their drug deals and get off near the coombe and st james. It is a nightmare to be on.

Go down to Kerry missus.

Why is she complaining then?

........'coming down the track' !

are they having a laugh?

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    The luas is used as a bum delivery system, druggie bums bunk on at abbey street and do their drug deals and get off near the coombe and st james. It is a nightmare to be on.

Where did they go before the luas

orourkeda wrote: »
    Go down to Kerry missus.

Why is she complaining then?

Because she gets to talk on the radio, don't ya know.

woysworld wrote: »
    cheers u B####X....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCRvb4LYQVxGsNih6mFLGWnmbZimdbMdQquFVruY9uKvA0UUIq6X06lFA

a pout that would be at home in The George

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Well if it takes lads off the dole they can built it wherever they want

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

First off Joe listed out a load of projects that have been cancelled, obviously through gritted teeth. Every one he mentioned is in Dublin.

Strangely he has something against this project, his bias here is obvious quoting twisted stats. FFS Duffy, you go to work at 10.30am in a Merc, some people take public transport, if you cant see that GTFO the radio. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Above all, and this is the most important thing;Joe doesn't like the idea so he decided to have a show about it.
    The best bus company in the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

"there will be people for it and people against it"

So thats a good reason not to do it :rolleyes:

Why did the Dubs rip up a perfectly decent set of electrified tram lines the Brits laid down for them back in the 1880s?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

orourkeda wrote: »
    Where did they go before the luas

Think they used taxis and the zombie shuffle, its like armageddon near pearse/abbey street lately (the homeless unit is in Pearse street now) which equals drug deal centre (opposite pearse st garda station!)

• Advertisement

Joe is in Martin Mansergh mode today

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement