Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

"Best bus company in the world" ........as awarded by Joe Duffy in a moment of desparation to prove a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Wertz wrote: »
    Why did the Dubs rip up a perfectly decent set of electrified tram lines the Brits laid down for them back in the 1880s?

That was Tubridy's grandad who had that bright idea.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

orourkeda wrote: »
    Where did they go before the luas
    Upstairs...down tha back.
    Wha you bleedin lukin ah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Why did the Dubs rip up a perfectly decent set of electrified tram lines the Brits laid down for them back in the 1880s?

Cos they wanted to prioritise car traffic. And then they had to buy back the lines from impovrished institutions such as Alexander College. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

What I'd like to know is when these engineers sit down to plan these things what goes through their brains?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,115 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

What I'd like to know is when these engineers sit down to plan these things what goes through their brains?

I'd say hot air to be honest

bijapos wrote: »
    "Best bus company in the world" ........as awarded by Joe Duffy in a moment of desparation to prove a point.

And it's such a load of bull too. They don't even have visible names on the bus stops so if you don't know the route you are lost.

Big fat euro signs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

I wonder how long it will take Joe to say "the Daniel Day" and claim it is an everyday term used by Dubliners.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

my friend wrote: »
    a pout that would be at home in The George

More like the Boilder House!!!. As he screwed the entire country, lock him in there and let him get screwed!!!!

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »

Or euro signs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Yeah Joe doesnt want it.

The biggest pain in the ass of a commute is when you have to get off a bus or tram and walk five minutes in rain or snow to the next connection. There are 3rd world countries where you dont have to do that.

I'd say so.

There's been no semblance of forward planning in anything that's been built in Dublin for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kitsy13

sexy project wtf...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,559 ✭✭✭baldbear

Joe just said sexy.. Get me the vomit bucket!

Otherwise known as the Bort for our D4 listeners...

That was Tubridy's grandad who had that bright idea.:)

Yeah. I see genius runs in that family

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I think you've hit on the solution.. How cool would you look going in to town from Swords on one of these..

hot_air_balloon.jpg

"The engineers have obviously done that."

I wouldnt count on it. Did they measure the gauges of the red line and green line tracks before they signed the cheque?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

The jackpot a few years down the line when they 'have to' (for huge fees) fix their own fck-ups.
    It's Ireland FFS where a cute whore who said 50m wasted on electronic voting machines was a drop in the bucket and not to worry about it is now living on €119k taxpayers money a year for life, not to mention his new job.

Ya couldn't make it up...

• Advertisement

Why are people surprised at the shyte state of irelands infrastructure?

Now here's a real humdinger...our government pulling out of an international agreement.

Now we are onto Donegal???

:confused:

gambiaman wrote: »
    The jackpot a few years down the line when they 'have to' (for huge fees) fix their own fck-ups.
    It's Ireland FFS where a cute whore who said 50m wasted on electronic voting machines was a drop in the bucket and not to worry about it is now living on €119k taxpayers money a year for life, not to mention his new job.

Ya couldn't make it up...

Then there should be fines or penalties written into the initial contracts for said f*ck ups.

Why are people surprised at the shyte state of irelands infrastructure?

Because we're after 15 yrs of investment into it and it's half arsed at best?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

You do have a plane.

Now here's a real humdinger...our government pulling out of an international agreement.

Did the NI assembly or Westminster hold up their side of the deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

170 miles in 5 hours??

see that pedal at your right foot?? Use it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

I suggest that we Auction Donegal off

it will improve our Road Accident stats plus we will offload a heap of tax dodging double dole'rs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Then there should be fines or penalties written into the initial contracts for said f*ck ups.

That's too sensible!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement