Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I think that aul wan near the end that kept thanking Joe, thinks she is getting an all expenses paid trip to the gig in croker,

Aul wan "thanks very much Joe" ", Joe, thanks" " Thanks thanks thanks thanks thanks"

Joe "no problem"

Joe (off air) - "I'm fu**ed if we're paying for her to go to the croker gig, don't ring her back.:rolleyes: If she calls looking for freebies tell her the Joe show is no more" "and no I won't pay for it outta me 400k roight, I don't give a sh1t how old she is"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭sudzs

pc7 wrote: »
    Thank Jebus I recorded that show, I listened to it in 6 minutes and read the comments and knew exactly what was going on! Everytime I heard an oul biddy I just pressed forward. What a load of b_ollix!

Ohmychrist, I listened back too... whizzed through a lot of it but there was at least 30 minutes of my life I'm never getting back.... :(

Joe and his religious agenda really should be stopped. Not that I think he should, but he never mentions any other religions... except for the day he came out with "Praise be to Allah!" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,064 ✭✭✭✭neris

is there any clips of liveline when marian finnucane presented it? i was only a kid when she did it but parents said she was more balanced and dealt with real issues affecting the country rather then the crap duffy spouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

neris wrote: »
    is there any clips of liveline when marian finnucane presented it? i was only a kid when she did it but parents said she was more balanced and dealt with real issues affecting the country rather then the crap duffy spouts.

It used be called Marian's Menopausal Matinee in this house. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I would take her back in a heartbeat.

I had a look on youtube. Some a clip of her uploaded by some joker calling himself JonathonAnon. If you could find him somewhere in the ethereal plain that is the internet he might be able to help.

Or just watch/listen to anything Marian Finucane does and imagine her on Liveline.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

I thought Marian was excellent when she was on Liveline in fairness, she didn't have an agenda like a certain 'Holy' Joe Duffy...

...and she did it for probably a tenth of the salary she is on now. How did she manage??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Derek Davis did very well when he stood in,a little too well for Joes liking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Sad story...when I heard pastor first I thought we were on for another mass like yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

A taxi driver in a row... I dont believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭cock robin

Give it time

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

This story just proves that one belt is too much, you never know if the person will fall and crack their head.

Poor man, and his poor family.

Is he ringing from a submarine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Jack is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

A taxi driver in a row... I dont believe it.

By all accounts, the driver did not start the row.

Sounded like he'd found buried treasure with his metal detector.

Wait, peep show? When did we change topic??

That_Guy wrote: »

Save that one for Damo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

You would have to go to RTEs archives to get something. She was good, very compassionate and very genuine. She wouldn't tolerate whingers or people bitching about some small issue which could be resolved otherwise.

She didn't push and agenda like Joe Duffy but she was instrumental in slowly chipping away at the glass ceiling that existed (still does to an extent) in relation to womens affairs.

If you've ever heard Boucher-Hayes doing Liveline it was pretty similar. Duffy has managed to drag down the name of Liveline much the same as Tubridy has with the Late Late Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

If they locked every murderer up for life (and I mean Life) I would be very happy.

This caller is an idiot.. What is more likely to happen, a journalist to kill McArthur, or McArthur to murder somebody else..

• Advertisement

Sure Sat Navs have been invented since he's been banged up..

How did we get on to this topic? Was this the murder that PK was talking to someone about he other morning? One in the phoenix park?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,733 ✭✭✭sudzs

Wertz wrote: »
    How did we get on to this topic?

What topic?? I'm lost... is it McArthur Park again???

........I'll be humming that cake in the rain song all night now! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

Yes, it's the Bridie Gargan murder and GUBUgate all over again. And we got onto this due to Joe's slight of hand, the genius he considers himself to be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Countdown until John 'they are all grand people really, even the muderers' Lonergan comes on air.

Murder squad eh? Those boys didn't pull any punches... probably need it re-instated here but they wouldn't get away with half what they used to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Wertz wrote: »
    How did we get on to this topic? Was this the murder that PK was talking to someone about he other morning? One in the phoenix park?

Yes, he murdered a nurse in the Phoenix Park and then shot a farmer in Offaly in cold blood. The scandal exploded when after being on the run he was found in the Attorney Generals house in Dalkey.

I was only young but it was a huge story at the time, gave rise to the GUBU moniker for the times.

We have Arthur on line 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

i could understand the pastor better than this garda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

sudzs wrote: »
    What topic?? I'm lost... is it McArthur Park again???

........I'll be humming that cake in the rain song all night now! :rolleyes:

In Malcolm's case, they'll soon be letting a fruit cake out in the rain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement