Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Joe's telling him to stay on the line so they can trace the call. So far he's talked about petrol bombing the banks and pulling the gates off Leinster House......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

neris wrote: »
    Break open the fund joe and slip him a few quid out of your tiny salary

The 'fund' is a single Liveline account which was closed, but was apparently reopened to receive donations for Alexandra Trotsenko, the Artist who has savagely mutilated.

So, no - don't give him anything from the fund.

Although if Duffy wants to open his personal big bag of cash, I have no problem with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"pulls the gates off Leinster House"..
    I'd say that has set off red flags all over the place at Garda HQ..

Just heard a helicopter above the house.. coincidence, I think not...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

scargill wrote: »
    no....just earning enough to cover the bills. Not saving anything.

Well then you arenot in the same situation. I'm just waiting for this guy to say "where's my nama?" he isn't being asked what he is spending 4 k a month on. I'll bet he has several properties on the go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Muckie

Chap works in the Buildings during the week.

Come home and works on the farm.

Either be a builder or a farmer. Worked with lots of theses farmers sons.

Jesus, the pulled the piss out of the building game.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Had to log on to say David there talked the most sense i have heard from someone on the radio in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

How many cars does he have?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Joe's telling him to stay on the line so they can trace the call. So far he's talked about petrol bombing the banks and pulling the gates off Leinster House......

I can see the headlines now

"MUST HAVE HAD HIS WEETABIX"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

An ad for a concert taking place in a year's time??? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

taking in 4k a month and he is still in the sh1ts,i cant get my head around it.
    he should take a look at my incomings to my outgoings, he would probably have a stroke.

• Advertisement

Had to log on to say David there talked the most sense i have heard from someone on the radio in a long time.

David hasn't told us what he is spending his money on. Germany are lending us the money, they naturally want it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

no....just earning enough to cover the bills. Not saving anything.

That's different. Outgoings of say €2k with little left over is different than having outgoings of over €4k.

Anyway, we're just down trodden people.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

"Let's go on a march... Stand up for ourselves. Let's go join the occupy Dame Street Starbucks crowd"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

Well then you arenot in the same situation. I'm just waiting for this guy to say "where's my nama?" he isn't being asked what he is spending 4 k a month on. I'll bet he has several properties on the go.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm assuming he has a bigger (or shorter) mortgage than me. More childcare costs, more commuting costs, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭Dirigent

Wertz wrote: »
    Was the American embassy in the Park at this time? That confused me the other morning that embassy staff came to the aid of Bridie Gargan.

Not the Embassy, the Ambassador's residence. By far the nicest house in the PP, far nicer that the Aras!

750 Million spend on foreign aid, what a joke, time we take care of our own, cut it to 0.

I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt. I'm assuming he has a bigger (or shorter) mortgage than me. More childcare costs, more commuting costs, etc.

Well fair enough. In my experience there is always more to the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I find it hard to understand that guy's finances as well.. He hasnt lost much income by the sound of it.. and only got a mortgage of 260k, which is not huge... And the cuts that have been made so far really havent been THAT severe that they would impoverish him... :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRD9ZbDGPftDmg49N961zNnY4sHfxHFB2dlUpXNA5YYusumaF09r2-yQoEY

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Aido22

Fact of the matter is..our last government signed away our econimic sovereignty, its not really the fault of Eamon Gilmore or Enda Kenny. Theres only so much Enda Kenny can stand up to Brussels, what would people prefer, austerity cut or waking up in the morning without your savings in your account.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

I want to know - does he shop in aldi/lidl, do they have mobiles, do they have pay tv, what how many cars do they drive, how many house, how much is insurance. He needs to do a budget makeover on askaboutmoney and I'd better there is a huge amount he is wasting. Or that he owes a fortune for flat screen tv's and the best of everything in his house. When I started out everything in my house was hand me downs! everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭lucylu

Product Placement :eek:

Eating wheatabix for a month:rolleyes:

Aido22 wrote: »
    Fact of the matter is..our last government signed away our econimic sovereignty, its not really the fault of Eamon Gilmore or Enda Kenny. Theres only so much Enda Kenny can stand up to Brussels, what would people prefer, austerity cut or waking up in the morning without your savings in your account.

have no savings so.......you know my answer!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Aido22

Arent we all living on air?

Really poor form by Joe and in fairness a lot of the media when they deal with stories like these. They never ask what the outgoings are. It is not just he tax increases. There is debts due to overborrowing. They all want to blame someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Would he not vary his diet a bit? Maybe buy a box of Crunchy Nut Cornflakes and Coco Pops as well?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

this is depressing me now.joe loves hearing other peoples misfortune

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Really poor form by Joe and in fairness a lot of the media when they deal with stories like these. They never ask what the outgoings are. It is not just he tax increases. There is debts due to overborrowing. They all want to blame someone else.

Well said.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement