Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

Mercedes add ...Joe`s finally got something interesting to listen to

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Did she just say it's 20 years since Freddie Mercury died?????? :eek::eek::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

I would have thought Trish's point was exhausted before the break

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

RadioRetro wrote: »
    The point is we're being forced back to 1950s living standards by corrupt politicians.

But also because people borrowed cheaply and bought and spent like there was no tomorrow, but tomorrow has arrived.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

DuckStab wrote: »
    OPINIONATED MOTHER ALERT
    OPINIONATED MOTHER ALERT

and a Darwin fan as well..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭scargill

pc7 wrote: »
    People like David drive me mad, it is everyone's fault he has big debts, he didn't care when he was flashing the cash and you couldn't get a plummer for love nor money.
    :mad:

I don't think he is saying that exactly. I can see where he is coming from. You try to better yourself. You start to earn a decent wage. You move house - try to improve things for the family. You maybe change the car.
    "The fundamentals of the economy are fine" we were told, so you borrow to try to improve yourself - "knowing" that the fundamentals are fine and that you'll be able to pay your debts.
    Then the rug is pulled out from under you.....every budget!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Come on Trish, you can have a tenner for every cliché you spout. You're on about €100 now.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

At 1.30 in the morning, Id say get off the phone I'm in bed buddy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The point is we're being forced back to 1950s living standards by spineless, not-of-the-real-world politicians.

I would guess after all the cuts coming down the road, tax and social welfare rates will probably be what they were at back in the 90s.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

:D:D Correct! They are owed the money. I don't see wht your point is.

This is a conversation for a different forum so this is my last word on it here. My point is you said "Germany are lending us the money". No, Germany are actually lending their own banks the money and by no stretch of the imagination is it lent to or owed by "us" as in, the Irish public.

It's off topic on this forum. If you want to discuss it further, start a thread here and I will be happy to contribute

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1196

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

"What do I say to a man who rings me at 1.30 in the morning"...

you say: "I'm trying to fkn sleep... Will you fk off calling me or I'll call the guards"..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 99 ✭✭Royal Dub

Suck it up Paddy

You voted in the Smokes and Daggers for three elections in a row, 3.

FF

The party that brought down a planet

Paddy is very very slow at taking responsibility for their own actions, 1) voting in a crowd of populist power hungry crooks not once, not twice, but three times 2) Borrowing more than they could afford

And the funny thing is, after five years of trying to clean this mess up, Paddy will vote in the same bunch of criminals in the next election. 75% of health costs are salaries! 80% of Education costs are salaries.

Cowan and Co will be welcomed with open arms after this lot are finished, its the natural cycle of irish politics.

"I'm only an ordinary fellow who went through hell...."

...tell us more Frodo! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭withless

The answer is that the government must sit and the people must stand up.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

WTF is all this Weetabix thing all about???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The point is we're being forced back to 1950s living standards by spineless, not-of-the-real-world politicians.

He says as he comments on an internet discussion forum.

Wheetabix! Wheetabix!

God bless you all.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

"Yea, well, I didn't eat for a whole week one time..."

FFS :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Jaysus, she says Weetabix with such disdain. I've been loving it since I was kid, fuck you and your cooked dinner love. Ask him WTF the rest of his money goes you silly cow !

Here's how Duffy has his Weetabix..

Weetabix_marshmallows.jpg

The rich b*ll*x

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

I wonder has that woman got sky digital or does she smoke, thats a saving of 90 Eur a week right there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

ThisRegard wrote: »
    I would guess after all the cuts coming down the road, tax and social welfare rates will probably be what they were at back in the 90s.

As someone said on the News at One, you hear a lot of nonsense like 'the last Government did all the heavy lifting' and 'we have had the worst budgets we will have'

The cuts are only going to get cuttier :(

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭generalmental

pc7 wrote: »
    But also because people borrowed cheaply and bought and spent like there was no tomorrow, but tomorrow has arrived.

But what about the people who didnt borrow like no tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

scargill wrote: »
    I don't think he is saying that exactly. I can see where he is coming from. You try to better yourself. You start to earn a decent wage. You move house - try to improve things for the family. You maybe change the car.
    "The fundamentals of the economy are fine" we were told, so you borrow to try to improve yourself - "knowing" that the fundamentals are fine and that you'll be able to pay your debts.
    Then the rug is pulled out from under you.....every budget!

I see where you and he are coming from... but anyone in the construction sector couldn't have thought that things were going to keep going the way they were for the next 20 yrs, at those levels of wages. No-one asked where it was all coming from... it was borrowed and spent with abandon in a lot of cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

syklops wrote: »
    He says as he comments on an internet discussion forum.
    What's the point?

I think some of us emigrated..... :o

Oh christ, Tubbs... I'd rather Richard! :(

Tubridy is on The Mooney Show??? Is there something he wants to tell us? :eek:

• Advertisement

I am one of them, Id a ball during the boom, (but I didn't borrow apart from my mortgage, I doubt I'd get a bag of magic beans for my house but I can do nothing but get on with it. Yes its a killer all the cuts I've had in my pay pack over the last 3 years (and the next 3 to come). But I know they have to come and there will be more, so I just keep budgeting and pulling back and cutting down, I don't ring Joe to moan. The country is in the absolute ****ter, if we want nurses, teachers, guards etc to be paid and for the lights to remain on this is what its going to take. What is the other option? I can't see one.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement