Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

LOL! :D

Twitter's gone mad and the news room no less has been on to them about the 'gag'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Skid wrote: »
    Premature celebratory threads for Tubs's resignation are littering the Boards TV Forum front page.

Twitter is ablaze too. Looks like we are not the only ones who didn't get the joke.

Mooney should be flayed for this. "I didnt think anyone listens so intently to me"

I cant help it Derek. I have ears. My ears are connected to my brain.

telekon wrote: »
    LOL! :D

Twitter's gone mad and the news room no less has been on to them about the 'gag'...

Im going to fan the flames of misinformation. If RTE see enough people celebrating they might get the message.

F*ck it. Didnt win the competition.

Here you go:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

syklops wrote: »
    He said the late Late needs a kick in the arse.

Presenter of a tired show disses presenter of another tired show *shrugs*

Guess it's better than a circle jerk...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Skid wrote: »
    Premature celebratory threads for Tubs's resignation are littering the Boards TV Forum front page.

Says everything when not a single person mourns his "resignation".

I was on the way to the fridge to open a beer to celebrate when I twigged it.

FFFFUUUUUUU..........:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Presenter of a tired show disses presenter of another tired show *shrugs*

Guess it's better than a circle jerk...

That could be an awesome new show! Presenters of tired shows come on air and kick each other in the asses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

syklops wrote: »
    Im going to fan the flames of misinformation. If RTE see enough people celebrating they might get the message.

Maybe it will be a legally binding resignation? Can someone look into that?

** Third and final time I am doing that gag today, you've been wonderful,please try the fish ...

bijapos wrote: »
    Says everything when not a single person mourns his "resignation".

I was on the way to the fridge to open a beer to celebrate when I twigged it.

FFFFUUUUUUU..........:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Wouldn't you love it if Derek Mooney's badly timed joke lead to the resignation of Tubs when he sees how unpopular he is on the LLS?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Laois_Man wrote: »
    No the bank guarantee (which gave us debts that weren't ours) did not cover all the debts/bondholders we're paying. The new Government just want you to forget that!

And we're not on a €20 Billion deficit anymore without the bond payments on the balance sheet - especially when you take into account the afforementioned debts which have drove up unemployement and the Social Welfare bill and drove down VAT and income tax takings!

I thought you werent going to comment anymore on this?:)
    Now that you have, you have decided to post inaccurate and factually wrong statements.The new government won't make me forget anything, don't worry.
    Of course you are advocating the welching on some of the debt. The debt is still debt.If we decide not to pay some of it then that is a policy decision and you can argue about the rights and wrongs of that policy; and it is indeed a matter for another forum; but not paying back debt that belongs to banks we have taken over IS defaulting on debt.
    We ARE still running a deficit and we cannot borrow from the markets, so if we were to default on all our bank debt how would we pay for day to day runnig of he country? This is why the IMF were invited in here.
    I think I'll leave it there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I don't think Malcolm McAurthur admitted to or was convicted of the second Murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Eating wheatabix for a month:rolleyes:

no wonder he's depressed, should try sugar puffs instead

• Registered Users Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

I thought you werent going to comment anymore on this?:)
    Now that you have, you have decided to post inaccurate and factually wrong statements.The new government won't make me forget anything, don't worry.
    Of course you are advocating the welching on some of the debt. The debt is still debt.If we decide not to pay some of it then that is a policy decision and you can argue about the rights and wrongs of that policy; and it is indeed a matter for another forum; but not paying back debt that belongs to banks we have taken over IS defaulting on debt.
    We ARE still running a deficit and we cannot borrow from the markets, so if we were to default on all our bank debt how would we pay for day to day runnig of he country? This is why the IMF were invited in here.
    I think I'll leave it there.

No I haven't said a single thing that's factually incorrect.

You on the other hand have.

You've done 6 things wrong:

1. You're acting like the state have guaranteed all the bondholders which we haven't.

2. You're acting like even if we had guaranteed everything, that not paying every penny amounts to an Irish soverign default. It doesn't. We do not own 100% of all the banks. Therefore we are not liable for 100% of the unguaranteed debt.

3. The biggest fault with you is you're saying these French\German banks have given us A LOAN of ALL this money. No they haven't. That's like saying if I go into Paddy Powers and back a horse who falls on his arse half way around the track, I'm still entitled to go in to PP's and collect my winnings as if it was a loan. RIDICULOUS!

4. The IMF were not invited in here. They and Europe were putting us under pressure to apply for a bailout TWO MONTHS before we did - to the point where Brian Lenihan was blackmailed into applying for it and into renewing the bank guarantees which weren't open ended when they were made in September 08. So that THEY could give the money to THEIR banks, tie the Irish citizens to paying it back, all while pretending to be bailing IRELAND out! And you seriously think they gave\give a **** about us?

6. Even Noonan has been out in the last couple of days stressing the point that for each reckless borrower, there's a reckless lender\gambler. You on the other hand only recognise the existence of the former (ie the Irish mortgage seeker or personal loan applicant or Irish bank) and not the latter (ie the bondholders)

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Stripey Cat

Did that guy say he ate only weetabix during the week, but he was staying in hotels?

Did he say it cost him 80 euro a week in petrol to get to and from Wexford and Dublin?

Maybe the host of the show could have asked him a few questions about these claims.

Did that guy say he ate only weetabix during the week, but he was staying in hotels?

Did he say it cost him 80 euro a week in petrol to get to and from Wexford and Dublin?

Maybe the host of the show could have asked him a few questions about these claims.

Duffy is poor enough isn't he?

€80 to and from Dublin\Wexford has to be an X5 or something like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,897 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

No I haven't said a single thing that's factually incorrect.

You on the other hand have.

You've done 6 things wrong:

1. You're acting like the state have guaranteed all the bondholders which we haven't.

2. You're acting like even if we had guaranteed everything, that not paying every penny amounts to an Irish soverign default. It doesn't. We do not own 100% of all the banks. Therefore we are not liable for 100% of the unguaranteed debt.

3. The biggest fault with you is you're saying these French\German banks have given us A LOAN of ALL this money. No they haven't. That's like saying if I go into Paddy Powers and back a horse who falls on his arse half way around the track, I'm still entitled to go in to PP's and collect my winnings as if it was a loan. RIDICULOUS!

4. The IMF were not invited in here. They and Europe were putting us under pressure to apply for a bailout TWO MONTHS before we did - to the point where Brian Lenihan was blackmailed into applying for it and into renewing the bank guarantees which weren't open ended when they were made in September 08. So that THEY could give the money to THEIR banks, tie the Irish citizens to paying it back, all while pretending to be bailing IRELAND out! And you seriously think they gave\give a **** about us?

6. Even Noonan has been out in the last couple of days stressing the point that for each reckless borrower, there's a reckless lender\gambler. You on the other hand only recognise the existence of the former (ie the Irish mortgage seeker or personal loan applicant or Irish bank) and not the latter (ie the bondholders)

Nope, I never wrote half the things you say I did. Did I say defaulting on a debt was sovereign default?
    Brian Lenihan was blackmailed was he?:)
    Anyway if you are going to mis-represent what I actually wrote to tie in with your 'nasty banks made me borrow the money' theory then good luck. You're the same as every other Irish person who is unwilling to accept any responsibility.
    I apologise for getting way off topic and I don't feel the need to have the last word, So fire away if you like,I'm done.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kitsy13

Is it funny friday today :)

Nope, I never wrote half the things you say I did. Did I say defaulting on a debt was sovereign default?
    Brian Lenihan was blackmailed was he?:)
    Anyway if you are going to mis-represent what I actually wrote to tie in with your 'nasty banks made me borrow the money' theory then good luck. You're the same as every other Irish person who is unwilling to accept any responsibility.
    I apologise for getting way off topic and I don't feel the need to have the last word, So fire away if you like,I'm done.:)

I don't know why you pretend to ask two questions and then scoff at the thought of me actually answering them!

"Did I say defaulting on a debt was sovereign default?" - Yes. You asked "if we were to default on all our bank debt how would we pay for day to day runnig of the country". This is only a problem if it is seen as a sovereign default!

"Brian Lenihan was blackmailed was he?" - Yes. It was mentioned in the Irish Times as recently as last weekend that IMF and the European Commission were putting pressure on Ireland to apply for a bailout for over 2 months before we applied. Lenihan couldn't actually accuse them of blackmailing him until after he left office - and when he left office, he did make this accusation, which Frankfurt wouldn't deny.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/0427/1224295543666.html

Speaking of misrepresenting what one said. Where did I say 'nasty banks made me borrow the money'? The only point I have been trying to make is that Germany are not lending us any money which is your claim that started all of this. The Germans are giving us slices of money as of, and when the German banks need it from us. They are effectively lending to their own banks and they don't give a toss about us!

I don't know why you pretend to ask two questions and then scoff at the thought of me actually answering them!

"Did I say defaulting on a debt was sovereign default?" - Yes. You asked "if we were to default on all our bank debt how would we pay for day to day runnig of the country". This is only a problem if it is seen as a sovereign default!

"Brian Lenihan was blackmailed was he?" - Yes. It was mentioned in the Irish Times as recently as last weekend that IMF and the European Commission were putting pressure on Ireland to apply for a bailout for over 2 months before we applied. Lenihan couldn't actually accuse them of blackmailing him until after he left office - and when he left office, he did make this accusation, which Frankfurt wouldn't deny.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2011/0427/1224295543666.html

Speaking of misrepresenting what one said. Where did I say 'nasty banks made me borrow the money'? The only point I have been trying to make is that Germany are not lending us any money which is your claim that started all of this. The Germans are giving us slices of money as of, and when the German banks need it from us. They are effectively lending to their own banks and they don't give a toss about us!

Could you two not take it to PMs or something?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

kitsy13 wrote: »
    Is it funny friday today :)
    If it is I'm off to Newstalk for movies and booze.

MODS anychance of our poll on unfunny friday being returned to the thread?

• Advertisement

pc7 wrote: »
    If it is I'm off to Newstalk for movies and booze.

MODS anychance of our poll on unfunny friday being returned to the thread?

I asked this already but no joy. :(

I think a brand new poll should be created as I'm sure the last one was rigged...there was no way 51 people thought FF was funny. :eek:

Was definitely Joe and his 50 alts...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,003 ✭✭✭bijapos

Duffy is poor enough isn't he?

€80 to and from Dublin\Wexford has to be an X5 or something like that!

€80 is around 53l of petrol or diesel at ca 1.45/l . Its over 300 km return to Rosslare from Dublin so that gives something that uses over 17l/100km of fuel or 16mpg which is Range Rover/ BMW 7 territory. I'd say he is simply living beyond his means, or that he is seriously in debt with credit cards or other bank loans.

He might be better off going to MABS or his bank or credit union manager and having a chat with them, but I feel a clear out is on the cards.

Some people can't manage their money properly (which is fair enough) but ringing Duffy should be the last thing on his list.

Either way that discussion will be continued today, along with something I've already forgot and Art for Alexandra will have some comedian who is secretly a well known art critic review the paintings. The cynic in me says the comedian is also a member of Joes managers cabal.

The good news in this year of misery is that there is no unFunny Friday, maybe some of the old codgers have croaked it, or maybe their expenses are too much for RTE and its been shelved.

We live in hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Wow, no funny Friday??? They're copping on... I hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

And I thought Alzheimer's and dementia were one and the same, learn something new every day from Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

Oh god, another 75 depressing minutes.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Wats this bints whinge about? No talk of weetabix and midnight phone calls today??

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

This is very sad for a Friday alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

woysworld wrote: »
    Oh god, another 75 depressing minutes.... :(

Hope all i ever know about it what i hear today sitting in the car. As Joe would say "terrible, terrible"

God help anyone sick in this country.

This is by far the funniest Funny Friday ever....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

ok ive missed the great man and his show all week, what have i missed and what is this woman on about? sounds very depressing :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement