Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

You dont recover. You just get on with it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

supportive children...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Slept on a chair in a hospital for 12 years

what a country:mad:

supportive children...

They're living abroad to be fair to them.

Slept on a chair in a hospital for 12 years

what a country:mad:

If there was a dog treated like that there'd be murder

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

What is the purpose of this segment? Is it to achieve anything?

Once again it feels like he is exploiting this guys story for airtime. Considering he only works about 2 hours a day joe could volunteer on a Samaritans line and do what he is doing without putting this poor man through the indignity of crying on air and the indignity of talking about looking after his wife on national radio.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Not to be mean but why in gods green earth isn't he living in the UK near or with his 2 children instead of the sticks on his own

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

orourkeda wrote: »

The are only in the UK

Give him a little holiday out of the fund ffs

pc7 wrote: »
    Not to be mean but why in gods green earth isn't he living in the UK near or with his 2 children instead of the sticks on his own

I'm sure he has his reasons. Thats no reason to be treated in the way he has though

• Advertisement

The are only in the UK

What do you suggest they do? They may have families of their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

Give him a little holiday out of the fund ffs

he wont get anything out of that, and the reason been cos he actually deserves it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭neris

Moncrief is highly underrated. Buffalos and yukalayles already and booze to come.very cheerful

I'm sure he has his reasons. Thats no reason to be treated in the way he has though

No I agree with that, but there is a responsibility within a family to take care of each other. That's what we do in ours, I would not leave my parents to end up like that, regardless of my own family, I couldn't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭artful_codger

for a start they could have helped out financially so their father wasn't coping on his own. If my elderly father was looking after my mother with alzheimers, and incontinent... i wouldn't do nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

What is the point of all this though? duffy cant help these people and is obviously just filling up his show today. Its a disgrace that he can get away with this stuff on national radio.

coming upto 2.30, time for a break and i hope, a change of topic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Jaysoose

for a start they could have helped out financially so their father wasn't coping on his own. If my elderly father was looking after my mother with alzheimers, and incontinent... i wouldn't do nothing.

How do you know they didnt?

No I agree with that, but there is a responsibility within a family to take care of each other. That's what we do in ours, I would not leave my parents to end up like that, regardless of my own family, I couldn't do it.

But he said he spent most of his working life in the UK. The responsibility to their parents are surely tempered by their responsibility to their children. For it to work in the way you suggest would mean one party moving country. No other way around it

coming upto 2.30, time for a break and i hope, a change of topic.

Moving statues next

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 99 ✭✭Royal Dub

We have no money, Dieter in Dusseldorf is paying our bills

FF, 3 Times,

Suck it up, Paddy

You can have all the sob stories you like on Joe.

Did he mention their financial arrangements?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,879 ✭✭✭signostic

I wonder if the guy who was on yesterday whining about how 4000€ a month was not any good anymore to live on, is listening to today's show.

Did he mention their financial arrangements?

Unless they are homeless there is no excuse for not bringing him under their roof

The "weetabix call".

I'm so sorry I missed that

Thats the first call for us to "take to the streets" in ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Ah FFS.

We have to get out and march bla bla bla.

Whats it going to change?

WEETABIXMAN'S accounts need to be investigated

Moving statues next

close enough, irish people and protesting

• Advertisement

Unless they are homeless there is no excuse for not bringing him under their roof

It's unfair to pontificate without knowing their circumstances. We didnt get the whole story.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement