Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LIVELINE Thread - (05/10/11 to 14/02/2012)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Bad Omen about today's show. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Lapin wrote: »
    Bad Omen about today's show. :(

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

They are talking about pensions cuts today by the former top civil servents (250 of them). Bit to close to the bone for Joe, he's not about today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

syklops wrote: »
    Why?
    Damien....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

At least it won't be wall to wall with callers going on about todays publications of clerical abuse in Tuam and Raphoe.

Damo doesn't go overboard on that misery as much as Joe does.

• Advertisement

Damien....

11773256.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I reckon Joe has stood aside... so that the issue of him using his brother's life as fodder for his book can be discussed in an objective manner.. You know Joe, objectivity is his number one priority.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

I reckon Joe has stood aside... so that the issue of him using his brother's life as fodder for his book can be discussed in an objective manner.. You know Joe, objectivity is his number one priority.. :)

I'd say there's more chance of him discussing people queuing at bureau de changes across the country with their euros than there is him covering the brother...

Whats this?

Joe has a brother? News to me.

I'd say there's more chance of him discussing the other day when he covered his brother in euros, brought him to a Bureau de Change and asked could he change him for a Thai girl.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

syklops wrote: »
    Whats this?

Joe has a brother? News to me.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/no-comment-from-joe-duffy-as-brother-talks-of-lsquodeep-hurtrsquo-caused-by-his-book-2947244.html
    BROADCASTER Joe Duffy remained tight-lipped yesterday after a series of allegations made by his younger brother who claimed to be deeply hurt by passages in the RTE star's new autobiography.

Brendan Duffy features in the RTE's star's recent best-selling autobiography 'Just Joe', in which his brother's life is described as "crippled, ruined, and wrecked by a savage addiction" to drugs and which recounts his criminal past.

However, speaking to the 'Sunday World' yesterday, the 51-year-old claimed his older brother had not warned him that he would feature in the memoir, and said the matters discussed were all in the past.

"Would you write that about your brother's crimes like that 27 years later? Especially since I have had 14 years of sobriety in the middle of those years," said Mr Duffy. ...

Brendan Duffy said that his brother contacted him the day the extracts from the book were published in a newspaper.

"I have told him I want to come on 'Liveline' to debate what he has said about me but I have got no reply," he said.
    Duffy vs Duffy - That would be Liveline Gold .

ZOMG!!!!

Or even better, get PBH on to cover for Joe with some mundane topic, then get PBH to ring Joes Brother, and then invite Joe to come on on his own show.

That would be EPIC!

Brendan:"And he used to pick on me when we were kids too Philip"
    Philip:"Thats terrible, tell us more Brendan"
    Brendan:"I suppose you could say he drove me to it. And between you and me, thats why he had the head shops closed down. It was out of spite to me Philip"
    PBH:"Thats shocking. Joe if your listening, you should be ashamed of yourself"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

RTE talking to the space station again..

Any idea what Liveline is gonna be about today.. I have to head out..

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭kitsy13

Omen Alert....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Michael Collins --- Back from the dead... IN WEST CORK.:eek::eek:

Was at a funeral in West Cork recently. Its like the wild west down there in some places.

Another flippant day off for Joe, we deserve to be told beforehand ffs

I'm not being sexist, but thats a very wide area for one woman to police.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭elaverty

Ah here,would come to work everyday to listen to these headbangers all day,,,,and with the money he is on

€60 a week? You wouldn't keep a garden shed staffed for that money.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

60 quid a week?? Jeez the poor guards are not paid enough!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Every criminal in the city taking note that no guard on at night!

joe316 wrote: »
    60 quid a week?? Jeez the poor guards are not paid enough!!!

Its not about salaries. Its about maintenance.

Here's an idea, sell the barracks and put the Guard up in one of the Local NAMA'ed houses. They need to be maintained and secured as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Is this yoke for real??

No one enters a 200 square mile area without her knowing??

Fook off!!!!

Is this yoke for real??

Fook off!!!!

Kilometres.

Damo's all over the place..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Less than 10 minutes into Liveline and we're bouncing from topic to topic. :eek: Is Damien a better host than Joe?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Oh wait no, same issue. Never mind... :o

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Is this yoke for real??

Fook off!!!!

They use a state-of-the-art radar tracking system. Developed using NASA technology. :D

• Advertisement

They're not being forced to retire... the economic reality is if they don;t go now they mightn't get the pension they're currently "entitled" to...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement